Best practices for conducting an online seminar
This is a draft. Please send suggestions to Christian Zimmermann.
- Require registration. You do not want intruders to wreak havoc.
- Maintain a mailing list. Use it to send the unique link for each seminar.
- Have your seminar listed on the Economics Virtual Seminar Calendar, of course.
- Have only the presenter, a host and a moderator unmuted. Have the moderator handle questions.
- If a chat feature is available, enable it to allow participants to ask questions. Let the moderator open the mike for "worthwhile" questions so that the speaker can concentrate of the presentation.
- If you record, make sure this is well-known by attendees.
- Make slides available separately for those who listen only due to poor video feed.