FAQ for RePEc archive maintainers
Ftp and http servers
- Our archive is moving to a new address. How should I proceed?
Usually, all you need to do is change the URL: field in the archive template in both the old and new location. A day or two later, you can check at the RePEc checker whether it worked (click on your archive code, then mirroring logs). If not, contact email@example.com.
- RePEc services do not seem to be current. What is going on?
Check at the RePEc checker, click on your archive code, then mirroring logs. If there is a error message, his means that RePEc services are unable to access your data. If you do not understand the error message, this page can help.
- How can I check that my updates are reflected in the RePEc services?
Check at the RePEc checker, click on your archive code, then mirroring logs. If there is a error message, his means that RePEc services are unable to access your data. If you do not understand the message, this page can help.
- Your logs show 403 Forbidden. What is going on?
The files are on your server, but RePEc does not have the priviledges to access them. Any files or directories in a RePEc archive need to be "world readable". If you do not understand what this means, consult your web administrator.
- Your logs show 404 File not found. What is going on?
RePEc looked for your archive and could not find it. Please put it back. It could also be that you are running a Microsoft IIE server that by default does not server files with the extension .rdf. See instructions on how to proceed here.
- Your logs say that directory browsing is forbidden. What can I do?
You can either have directory browsing turned on, or, if you do not have such priviledges, you can simulate directory browsing. For this, see the details from the step-by-step instructions.
- It is impossible to get IT staff or the server to collaborate with RePEc requirements. Is all hope lost?
No. If you only maintain working paper series, you can join the RePEc Input Service.
- How often do RePEc services update their holdings?
Most RePEc services update every night.
- Is it possible to put the templates on a ftp server that is not anonymous?
No, even if you give us the password. Our scripts are not designed to handle password protected servers.