Report NEP-SPO-2007-11-03This is the archive for NEP-SPO, a report on new working papers in the area of Sports & Economics. Joao Carlos Correia Leitao issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Egon Franck & Stephan Nüesch, 2007. "The Role of Patriotism in Explaining TV Audience of National Team Games - Evidence from Four International Tournaments," Working Papers 0065, University of Zurich, Institute for Strategy and Business Economics (ISU).
- Craig A. Depken, II & Lisa E. Haglund, 2007. "Peer Effects in Team Sports: Empirical Evidence from NCAA Relay Teams," Working Papers 0729, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists.
- Joel G. Maxcy, 2007. "Progressive Revenue Sharing in MLB: The Effect on Player Transfers," Working Papers 0728, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists.
- Paul M. Sommers & David L. Campbell & Benjamin O. Hanna & Conor A. Lyons, 2007. "A Poisson Model For No-Hitters In Major League Baseball," Middlebury College Working Paper Series 0717, Middlebury College, Department of Economics.
- Paul M. Sommers & Robert M. Marcoux & Filip Marinkovic & George A. Mayer, 2007. "Why the NBA Bounced Their New Basketball?," Middlebury College Working Paper Series 0719, Middlebury College, Department of Economics.
- Paul M. Sommers & Stefan G. Hrdina, 2007. "When Do NFL Quarterbacks Pass Their Prime?," Middlebury College Working Paper Series 0718, Middlebury College, Department of Economics.
- Vani K. Borooah & John Mangan, 2007. "Some Issues in the Calculation of Batting Averages: Ranking (and Re-Ranking) the Top 50 Batsmen in Test Cricket, 1877-2006," Discussion Papers Series 351, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.