Report NEP-POL-2022-08-15This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Thomas Le Barbanchon & Julien Sauvagnat, 2022. "Electoral Competition, Voter Bias, and Women in Politics," Post-Print halshs-03693445, HAL.
- Markus Jokela & Jaakko Meriläinen & Janne Tukiainen & Åsa von Schoultz, 2022. "Personality Traits and Cognitive Ability in Political Selection," Discussion Papers 152, Aboa Centre for Economics.
- Gradwohl, Ronen & Heller, Yuval & Hillman, Arye, 2022. "Social Media and Democracy," MPRA Paper 113609, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Francesco Campo & Sara Giunti & Mariapia Mendola, 2022. "Refugees, Right-Wing Populism and Propaganda: Evidence from the Italian Dispersal Policy," Working Papers 495, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics.
- Joël Cariolle & Yasmine Elkhateeb & Mathilde Maurel, 2022. "(Mis-)information technology: Internet use and perception of democracy in Africa," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 22010, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Rodriguez, Francisco, 2020. "The political economy of Maduro’s economic policies," MPRA Paper 105121, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lia Q. Flores & Miguel A. Fonseca, 2022. "Do in-group biases lead to overconfidence in performance? Experimental evidence," CEF.UP Working Papers 2202, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Ronen Gradwohl & Yuval Heller & Arye Hillman, 2022. "Social Media and Democracy," Papers 2206.14430, arXiv.org.
- Alberto Grillo & Eva Raiber, 2022. "Exit polls and voter turnout in the 2017 French elections," Working Papers hal-03670002, HAL.
- Alweena Hasan & Abdul Khaliq, 2021. "Crafty Oligarchs, Savvy Voters: Democracy Under Inequality In Rural Pakistan," PIDE Webinar Brief 2021:32, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Wenpin Tang & David D. Yao, 2022. "Polynomial Voting Rules," Papers 2206.10105, arXiv.org, revised Jul 2022.
- Azwar Muhammad Aslam, 2021. "The Politics Of Media Economy In Pakistan," PIDE Webinar Brief 2021:20, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Leonardo Bursztyn & Jonathan T. Kolstad & Aakaash Rao & Pietro Tebaldi & Noam Yuchtman, 2022. "Political Adverse Selection," NBER Working Papers 30214, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jorge Martinez-Vazquez, 2021. "Successful Tax Reforms in the Recent International Experience: Lessons in Political Economy and the Nuts and Bolts of Increasing Country Tax Revenue Effort," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper2115, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.