Report NEP-POL-2019-11-25This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Ethan Kaplan & Fernando Saltiel & Sergio S. Urzúa, 2019. "Voting for Democracy: Chile's Plebiscito and the Electoral Participation of a Generation," NBER Working Papers 26440, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ulubasoglu, Mehmet Ali & Yaraşır-Tülümce, Sevinç, 2019. "Pork and Turkey: Distributive Politics in the Allocation of Public Investments into Turkish Electoral Districts 1987–2004," MPRA Paper 96842, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- David Kempe, 2019. "Communication, Distortion, and Randomness in Metric Voting," Papers 1911.08129, arXiv.org, revised Nov 2019.
- Maruyama, Yuuki, 2019. "The optimal size of a political party based on the Shapley-Shubik Power Index," SocArXiv b9ey2, Center for Open Science.
- Walter Bossert & Andrew E. Clark & Conchita d'Ambrosio & Anthony Lepinteur, 2019. "Economic Insecurity and the Rise of the Right," PSE Working Papers halshs-02325984, HAL.
- Mark Borgschulte & Heepyung Cho & Darren Lubotsky, 2019. "Partisanship and Survey Refusal," NBER Working Papers 26433, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Blattman, Chris & Larreguy, Horacio & Marx, Benjamin & Reid, Otis, 2019. "Eat Widely, Vote Wisely? Lessons from a Campaign Against Vote Buying in Uganda," SocArXiv u34pr, Center for Open Science.
- Darius, Philipp & Stephany, Fabian, 2019. "Twitter "Hashjacked": Online Polarisation Strategies of Germany's Political Far-Right," SocArXiv 6gbc9, Center for Open Science.
- Steven J. Bosworth & Dennis J. Snower, 2019. "The Interplay of Economic, Social and Political Fragmentation," CESifo Working Paper Series 7935, CESifo.
- Julien Labonne & Sahar Parsa & Pablo Querubín, 2019. "Political Dynasties, Term Limits and Female Political Empowerment: Evidence from the Philippines," NBER Working Papers 26431, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anqi Jiao, 2019. "The Role of Institutional Investors in Corporate Lobbying," 2019 Papers pji208, Job Market Papers.
- Krimmer, Robert & Duenas-Cid, David & Krivonosova, Iuliia & Serrano, Radu Antonio & Freire, Marlon & Wrede, Casper, 2019. "Nordic Pioneers: facing the first use of Internet Voting in the Åland Islands (Parliamentary Elections 2019)," SocArXiv 5zr2e, Center for Open Science.
- Abdelghani Maddi, 2019. "Construction of a Normalized Open Access Indicator (NOAI)," CEPN Working Papers hal-02328158, HAL.
- Yuping Deng & Yanrui Wu & Helian Xu, 2019. "Political Connections and Firm Pollution Behaviour: An Empirical Study," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 19-15, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Martijn Dröes & Hans R.A. Koster, 2019. "A World Divided: Refugee Centers, House Prices, and Household Preferences," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 19-075/VIII, Tinbergen Institute.