Report NEP-POL-2018-04-23This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Leopoldo Fergusson & Juan F. Vargas & Mauricio A. Vela, 2018. "Sunlight Disinfects? Free Media in Weak Democracies," Documentos de Trabajo LACEA 016174, The Latin American and Caribbean Economic Association - LACEA.
- Marco Le Moglie & Gilberto Turati, 2018. "Electoral Cycle Bias in the Media Coverage of Corruption News," DISCE - Working Papers del Dipartimento di Economia e Finanza def069, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimenti e Istituti di Scienze Economiche (DISCE).
- Hulya Eraslan & Saltuk Ozerturk, 2018. "Information Gatekeeping and Media Bias," Koç University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers 1808, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- Zack Cooper & Amanda E. Kowalski & Eleanor Neff Powell & Jennifer Wu, 2017. "Politics, Hospital Behavior, and Health Care Spending," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 2106, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Boxell, Levi, 2018. "Demographic Change and Political Polarization in the United States," MPRA Paper 85589, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ryo Arawatari & Tetsuo Ono, 2016. "Age Gap in Voter Turnout and Size of Government Debt," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 16-24-Rev., Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP), revised Feb 2018.
- Anesi, Vincent & Bowen, T. Renee, 2018. "Policy Experimentation, Redistribution and Voting Rules," CEPR Discussion Papers 12797, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Brian Gill & Charles Tilley & Emilyn Whitesell & Mariel Finucane & Liz Potamites & Sean Corcoran, "undated". "The Impact of Democracy Prep Public Schools on Civic Participation," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 7ab56449d1604cf18fc7d0745, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Bhattacherjee, Sanjay & Sarkar, Palash, 2018. "Voting in the Goods and Service Tax Council of India," MPRA Paper 86239, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Benjamin Monnery & Maxime Le Bihan, 2018. "Can Public and Private Sanctions Discipline Politicians? Evidence from the French Parliament," EconomiX Working Papers 2018-21, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- Joan-Maria Esteban & Gilat Levy & Laura Mayoral, 2018. "Liberté, Égalité Religiosité," Working Papers 1030, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Doerr, Sebastian & Gissler, Stefan & Peydró, José Luis & Voth, Hans-Joachim, 2018. "From Finance to Extremism: The Real Effects of Germany's 1931 Banking Crisis," CEPR Discussion Papers 12806, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Adeel Malik & Rinchan Ali Mirza, 2018. "Pre-colonial Religious Institutions and Development: Evidence through a Military Coup," CSAE Working Paper Series 2018-04, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Alexander V. Karpov, 2018. "An Informational Basis for Voting Rules," HSE Working papers WP BRP 188/EC/2018, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Marco Alberto De Benedetto, 2018. "The Effect of Council Size on Municipal Expenditures: Evidence from Italian Municipalities," Birkbeck Working Papers in Economics and Finance 1802, Birkbeck, Department of Economics, Mathematics & Statistics.