Report NEP-POL-2018-03-19This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Julie Berry Cullen & Nicholas Turner & Ebonya L. Washington, 2018. "Political Alignment, Attitudes Toward Government and Tax Evasion," NBER Working Papers 24323, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dewan, Torun & Meriläinen, Jaakko & Tukiainen, Janne, 2018. "Victorian Voting: Party Orientation and Class Alignment Revisited," Working Papers 103, VATT Institute for Economic Research.
- Mario Chacon & Jeffrey Jensen, 2017. "The Institutional Determinants of Southern Secession," Working Papers 20170001, New York University Abu Dhabi, Department of Social Science, revised Mar 2017.
- Laruelle, Annick, 2018. "Voting and expressing dissatisfaction: an experiment during the 2017 French Presidential election," IKERLANAK Ikerlanak;2018-106, Universidad del País Vasco - Departamento de Fundamentos del Análisis Económico I.
- Abel Fumey, 2018. "Intergovernmental fiscal transfers and tactical political maneuverings: Evidence from Ghana’s District Assemblies Common Fund," WIDER Working Paper Series 031, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Chau, Nancy H. & Liu, Yanyan & Soundararajan, Vidhya, 2017. "Political activism as a determinant of clientelistic transfers: Evidence from an Indian public works program:," IFPRI discussion papers 1700, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Nicola Fontana & Tommaso Nannicini & Guido Tabellini, 2017. "Historical Roots of Political Extremism: The Effects of Nazi Occupation of Italy," CESifo Working Paper Series 6838, CESifo.
- Thushyanthan Baskaran & Mariana Lopes da Fonseca, 2017. "Appointed Public Officials and Local Favoritism: Evidence from the German States," CESifo Working Paper Series 6800, CESifo.
- Dragan Filipovich & Miguel Niño-Zarazúa & Alma Santillán Hernández, 2018. "Campaign externalities, programmatic spending, and voting preferences in rural Mexico: The case of Progresa-Oportunidades-Prospera programme," WIDER Working Paper Series 027, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Hakan Genç & Serkan Küçükşenel, 2018. "Bargaining In Legislatures Over Private And Public Goods With Endogenous Recognition," ERC Working Papers 1805, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised Mar 2018.
- Facundo Piguillem & Alessandro Riboni, 2018. "Fiscal Rules as Bargaining Chips," EIEF Working Papers Series 1804, Einaudi Institute for Economics and Finance (EIEF), revised Mar 2018.
- Sam Hickey & Tom Lavers & Miguel Niño-Zarazúa & Jeremy Seekings, 2018. "The negotiated politics of social protection in sub-Saharan Africa," WIDER Working Paper Series 034, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Giorgos Galanis & Ashok Kumar, 2018. "A dynamic spatial model of global governance structures," Working Papers PKWP1804, Post Keynesian Economics Society (PKES).
- Marques II, Israel, 2018. "Firms and social policy preferences under weak institutions : Evidence from Russia," BOFIT Discussion Papers 7/2018, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Omneya Abdelsalam & Sabur Mollah & Emili Tortosa-Ausina, 2018. "Political connection and bank in(efficiency)," Working Papers 2018-11, Swansea University, School of Management.
- David E. Allen & Michael McAleer & David McHardy Reid, 2018. "Fake news and indifference to truth: Dissecting tweets and State of the Union Addresses by Presidents Obama and Trump," Documentos de Trabajo del ICAE 2018-07, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Instituto Complutense de Análisis Económico.