Report NEP-POL-2017-11-19This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Avi Ben-Bassat & Momi Dahan, 2016. "Biased Policy and Political Behavior," CESifo Working Paper Series 6269, CESifo Group Munich.
- Colignatus, Thomas, 2017. "One woman, one vote. Though not in the USA, UK and France," MPRA Paper 82513, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 08 Nov 2017.
- Philipp Harms & Claudia Landwehr, 2017. "Preferences for direct democracy: intrinsic or instrumental? Evidence from a survey experiment," Working Papers 1719, Gutenberg School of Management and Economics, Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz.
- Alessandro Gavazza & Mattia Nardotto & Tommaso M. Valletti, 2017. "Internet and Politics: Evidence from U.K. Local Elections and Local Government Policies," CESifo Working Paper Series 6659, CESifo Group Munich.
- Mamoon, Dawood, 2017. "Globalization, Political Orientation and Wage Inequality: From Donald Trump’s Election to Angela Merkal’s Re-Election," MPRA Paper 82492, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ahler, Douglas J. & Broockman, David E., 2017. "The Delegate Paradox: Why Polarized Politicians Can Represent Citizens Best," Research Papers 3517, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Benoît Le Maux & Kristýna Dostálová & Fabio Padovano, 2017. "Ideology or Voters? A Quasi-Experimental Test of Why Left-Wing Governments Spend More," Economics Working Paper from Condorcet Center for political Economy at CREM-CNRS 2017-05-ccr, Condorcet Center for political Economy.
- Dirk Engelmann & Hans Peter Grüner, 2017. "Tailored Bayesian Mechanisms: Experimental Evidence from Two-Stage Voting Games," CESifo Working Paper Series 6405, CESifo Group Munich.
- Balamatsias, Pavlos, 2016. "Democracy and taxation," MPRA Paper 82563, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 31 Oct 2017.
- Cunha, Igor & Ferreira, Miguel & Silva, Rui C, 2017. "Can Credit Rating Agencies Affect Election Outcomes?," CEPR Discussion Papers 12430, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hassan, Tarek & Hollander, Stephan & Tahoun, Ahmed & van Lent, Laurence, 2017. "Firm-level political risk: Measurement and effects," CEPR Discussion Papers 12436, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Eva Ranehill & Roberto A. Weber, 2017. "Do gender preference gaps impact policy outcomes?," ECON - Working Papers 271, Department of Economics - University of Zurich.