Report NEP-POL-2017-10-15This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Craig VanGrasstek VanGrasstek, 2017. "Washington Slept Here: How Donald Trump Caught the Politicians Napping on Trade," RSCAS Working Papers 2017/02, European University Institute.
- Anna Maria Koukal & Reiner Eichenberger, 2017. "Explaining a Paradox of Democracy: The Role of Institutions in Female Enfranchisement," CREMA Working Paper Series 2017-13, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Marcus Drometer & Romuald Méango, 2017. "Electoral Cycles, Partisan Effects and U.S. Naturalization Policies," ifo Working Paper Series 239, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Fehrler, Sebastian & Fischbacher, Urs & Schneider, Maik, 2017. "Who Runs? Honesty and Self-Selection into Politics," VfS Annual Conference 2017 (Vienna): Alternative Structures for Money and Banking 168083, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Thomas I. Palley, 2017. "The fallacy of the globalization trilemma: reframing the political economy of globalization and implications for democracy," FMM Working Paper 08-2017, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Federico Quaresima & Fabio Fiorillo, 2017. "The patronage effect: a theoretical perspective of patronage and political selection," Working papers 63, Società Italiana di Economia Pubblica.
- David Szakonyi, 2017. "Businesspeople in Elected Office: Identifying Private Benefits from Firm-Level Returns," Working Papers 2017-20, The George Washington University, Institute for International Economic Policy.
- Clément Malgouyres, 2017. "Trade Shocks and Far-Right Voting: Evidence from French Presidential Elections," RSCAS Working Papers 2017/21, European University Institute.
- Bernard, René, 2017. "Political fragmentation and fiscal policy: Evidence from German municipalities," FiFo Discussion Papers - Finanzwissenschaftliche Diskussionsbeiträge 17-03, University of Cologne, FiFo Institute for Public Economics.
- Mechtenberg, Lydia & Büchel, Berno, 2017. "The Swing Voter's Curse in Social Networks," VfS Annual Conference 2017 (Vienna): Alternative Structures for Money and Banking 168094, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Slotwinski, Michaela & Stutzer, Alois & Gorinas, Cédric, 2017. "Democratic Involvement and Immigrants’ Compliance with the Law," VfS Annual Conference 2017 (Vienna): Alternative Structures for Money and Banking 168197, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Engelmann, Dirk & Grüner, Hans Peter & Hoffmann, Timo & Possajennikov, Alex, 2017. "Preventing the Tyranny of the Majority - Experimental Evidence on the Choice of Voting Thresholds in Bayesian Games," VfS Annual Conference 2017 (Vienna): Alternative Structures for Money and Banking 168295, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.