Report NEP-POL-2016-08-14This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Elena Sirotkina & Svetlana Karandashova, 2016. "How Multilevel Elite Loyalty Strengthens Electoral Authoritarianism: Evidence from Gubernatorial Elections in Russia," HSE Working papers WP BRP 36/PS/2016, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Rosenqvist, Olof, 2016. "Rising to the occasion? Youth political knowledge and the voting age," Working Paper Series 2016:6, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- Marco Battaglini & Salvatore Nunnari & Thomas R. Palfrey, 2016. "The Political Economy of Public Debt: A Laboratory Study," NBER Working Papers 22406, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stefano Gagliarducci & M. Daniele Paserman, 2016. "Gender Differences in Cooperative Environments? Evidence from the U.S. Congress," NBER Working Papers 22488, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shaun Larcom & Mare Sarr & Tim Willems, 2016. "Dictators Walking the Mogadishu Line: How Men Become Monsters and Monsters Become Men," SALDRU Working Papers 168, Southern Africa Labour and Development Research Unit, University of Cape Town.
- Eric Avis & Claudio Ferraz & Frederico Finan, 2016. "Do Government Audits Reduce Corruption? Estimating the Impacts of Exposing Corrupt Politicians," NBER Working Papers 22443, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Niko Jaakkola & Daniel Spiro & Arthur A. van Benthem, 2016. "Finders, Keepers?," NBER Working Papers 22421, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alan Gelder & Dan Kovenock, 2016. "Dynamic Behavior and Player Types in Majoritarian Multi-Battle Contests," Working Papers 16-12, Chapman University, Economic Science Institute.
- Deuchert, Eva & Huber, Martin & Schelker, Mark, 2017. "Direct and indirect effects based on difference-in-differences with an application to political preferences following the Vietnam draft lottery," FSES Working Papers 473, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences, University of Freiburg/Fribourg Switzerland.
- Filippo De Marco & Marco Macchiavelli, 2016. "The Political Origin of Home Bias: The Case of Europe," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2016-060, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
- Matthew Gentzkow & Jesse M. Shapiro & Matt Taddy, 2016. "Measuring Group Differences in High-Dimensional Choices: Method and Application to Congressional Speech," NBER Working Papers 22423, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Julia Debski & Michael Jetter & Saskia Mösle & David Stadelmann, 2016. "Gender and Corruption: The Neglected Role of Culture," CREMA Working Paper Series 2016-05, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Jo Reynaerts & Jakob Vanschoonbeek, 2016. " The economics of state fragmentation: Assessing the economic impact of secession - Addendum," Working Papers VIVES Research Centre for Regional Economics 547242, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business, VIVES Research Centre for Regional Economics.
- Michael Jetter & Alejandro Mesa Osorio, 2016. "Racism and judicial corruption in the US," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO CIEF 014965, UNIVERSIDAD EAFIT.