Report NEP-POL-2014-07-13This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Raphael Bruce & Rudi Rocha, 2014. "The Reaction of Elites in a Democratization Process: Evidence from Brazil," Working Papers, Department of Economics 2014_09, University of São Paulo (FEA-USP).
- Antony Millner & Helene Ollivier & Leo Simon, 2014. "Policy experimentation, political competition, and heterogeneous beliefs," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 14050, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Yamamura, Eiji & Sabatini, Fabio, 2014. "Superstars in politics: the role of the media in the rise and success of Junichiro Koizumi," EconStor Preprints 98661, ZBW - German National Library of Economics.
- Hofer, Katharina Eva & Marti, Christian & Bütler, Monika, 2014. "Ready to Reform: How Popular Initiatives Can Be Successful," Economics Working Paper Series 1419, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science, revised Jun 2015.
- Shanker Satyanath & Nico Voigtländer & Hans-Joachim Voth, 2014. "Bowling for fascism: social capital and the rise of the Nazi Party," UBSCENTER - Working Papers 007, UBS International Center of Economics in Society - Department of Economics - University of Zurich.
- Kashcheeva, Mila & Tsui, Kevin K., 2014. "The effects of international politics on oil-exporting developing countries," IDE Discussion Papers 459, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Anastasia Litina & Theodore Palivos, 2014. "Corruption, Tax Evasion and Social Values," CREA Discussion Paper Series 14-10, Center for Research in Economic Analysis, University of Luxembourg.
- Thierry Tressel & Thierry Verdier, 2014. "Optimal Prudential Regulation of Banks and the Political Economy of Supervision," IMF Working Papers 14/90, International Monetary Fund.
- Kashcheeva, Mila & Tsui, Kevin K., 2014. "Why do oil importers diversify their import sources politically? : evidence from U.S. firm-level data," IDE Discussion Papers 458, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Charalampos Konstantinidis, 2014. "Capitalism in Green Disguise: The Political Economy of Organic Farming in the European Union," Working Papers 2014_01, University of Massachusetts Boston, Economics Department.
- Baskaran, Thushyanthan, 2014. "The political economy of special needs transfers: Evidence from Bavarian municipalities, 1993-2011," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 211, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Sabatini, Fabio & Sarracino, Francesco & Yamamura, Eiji, 2014. "Social norms on rent seeking and preferences for redistribution," EconStor Preprints 98662, ZBW - German National Library of Economics.
- Kurrild-Klitgaard, Peter, 2014.
"Politik er (næsten) ligegyldigt for demonstrationer
[Politics is (almost) irrelevant in demonstrations]," MPRA Paper 57195, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Attila Ambrus & Ben Greiner & Parag A. Pathak, 2014. "How Individual Preferences are Aggregated in Groups: An Experimental Study," Discussion Papers 2014-30, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- Estrada, Fernando & González, Jorge Iván, 2014.
"Política tributaria y economía fiscal en los enfoques de Hayek y Brenann/Buchanan
[Tax policy and fiscal economy approaches Hayek and Brennan / Buchanan]," MPRA Paper 57123, University Library of Munich, Germany.