Report NEP-POL-2014-05-17This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Andrew Beath & Fotini Christia & Georgy Egorov & Ruben Enikolopov, 2014. "Electoral Rules and the Quality of Politicians: Theory and Evidence from a Field Experiment in Afghanistan," NBER Working Papers 20082, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ángel Solano García, 2014. "Fairness in Tax compliance: A Political Competition Model," ThE Papers 14/02, Department of Economic Theory and Economic History of the University of Granada..
- Mario Jametti & Marcelin Joanis, 2014. "Elections and de facto Expenditure Decentralization in Canada," IdEP Economic Papers 1404, USI Università della Svizzera italiana.
- Juan Felipe Riaño-Rodríguez, 2014. "More than Words and Good Intentions: The Political Agenda-Setting Power," DOCUMENTOS CEDE 011011, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE.
- Moricz, Sara & Sjöholm, Fredrik, 2014. "The Effect of Elections on Economic Growth: Results from a Natural Experiment in Indonesia," Working Paper Series 1023, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Khani Hoolari, Seyed Morteza & Abounoori, Abbas Ali & Mohammadi, Teymour, 2014. "The Effect of Governance and Political Instability Determinants on Inflation in Iran," MPRA Paper 55827, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Mar 2014.
- Marco de Pinto & Jochen Michaelis, 2014. "The labor market effects of trade unions Layard meets Melitz," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201418, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Konte, Maty, 2014. "Gender difference in support for democracy in sub-Saharan Africa: Do social institutions matter?," WIDER Working Paper Series 044, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Hans Pitlik & Friedrich Heinemann & Rainer Schweickert, 2014. "Overcoming reform resistance and political implementation of large-scale welfare state reforms," WWWforEurope Policy Brief series 3, WWWforEurope.
- Mario Jametti, 2014. "Weathering the Global Financial Crisis - Is Direct Democracy of any Help?," IdEP Economic Papers 1405, USI Università della Svizzera italiana.
- Davide Cantoni & Yuyu Chen & David Y. Yang & Noam Yuchtman & Y. Jane Zhang, 2014. "Curriculum and Ideology," NBER Working Papers 20112, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Raymond Fisman & Yasushi Hamao & Yongxiang Wang, 2014. "Nationalism and Economic Exchange: Evidence from Shocks to Sino-Japanese Relations," NBER Working Papers 20089, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Francisco Pino & Jordi Vidal-Robert, 2014. "Habemus Papam ?Polarization and Conflict in the Papal States," Working Papers ECARES ECARES 2014-27, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Bhorat, Haroon & Naidoo, Karmen & Yu, Derek, 2014. "Trade unions in an emerging economy: The case of South Africa," WIDER Working Paper Series 055, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Naci H. Mocan & Christian Raschke, 2014. "Economic Well-being and Anti-Semitic, Xenophobic, and Racist Attitudes in Germany," NBER Working Papers 20059, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Raymond Fisman & Yongxiang Wang, 2014. "Corruption in Chinese Privatizations," NBER Working Papers 20090, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- ITO Takahiro & KUBOTA Kohei & OHTAKE Fumio, 2014. "The Hidden Curriculum and Social Preferences," Discussion papers 14024, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).