Report NEP-POL-2014-01-24This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Asatryan, Zareh, 2014. "The indirect effects of direct democracy: Local government size and non-budgetary voter initiatives," ZEW Discussion Papers 14-004, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Bryan Kelly & Lubos Pastor & Pietro Veronesi, 2014. "The Price of Political Uncertainty: Theory and Evidence from the Option Market," NBER Working Papers 19812, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Díaz Serrano, Lluís & Rodríguez Pose, Andrés, 2013. "Decentralization and the Welfare State: What Do Citizens Perceive?," Working Papers 2072/222195, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Asatryan, Zareh & Baskaran, Thushyanthan & Heinemann, Friedrich, 2014. "The effect of direct democracy on the level and structure of local taxes," ZEW Discussion Papers 14-003, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Giovanni Facchini & Tommaso Frattini & Cora Signorotto, 2013. "Mind What Your Voters Read: Media Exposure and International Economic Policy Making," Development Working Papers 358, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano.
- Dahm, Matthias & Glazer, Amihai,, 2013. "A Carrot and Stick Approach to Agenda-Setting," Working Papers 2072/222199, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Krisztina Kis-Katos & Bambang Suharnoko Sjahrir, 2014. "The impact of fiscal and political decentralization on local public investments in Indonesia," Discussion Paper Series 25, Department of International Economic Policy, University of Freiburg, revised Jan 2014.
- Ferré Carracedo, Montserrat & García Fortuny, Judit & Manzano, Carolina, 2013. "The Conservativeness of the Central Bank when Institutional Quality is Poor," Working Papers 2072/222198, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Jesse M. Shapiro, 2014. "Special Interests and the Media: Theory and an Application to Climate Change," NBER Working Papers 19807, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bargain, Olivier & Dolls, Mathias & Immervoll, Herwig & Neumann, Dirk & Peichl, Andreas & Pestel, Nico & Siegloch, Sebastian, 2014. "Tax policy and income inequality in the US, 1979-2007," ZEW Discussion Papers 14-001, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.