Report NEP-POL-2007-12-15This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Wolfgang Eggert & Peter Birch Sørensen, 2007. "The Effects of Tax Competition when Politicians Create Rents to Buy Political Support," EPRU Working Paper Series 07-04, Economic Policy Research Unit (EPRU), University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- David Cutts & Don Webber, 2007. "Voting Patterns, Party Spending and Space in England and Wales," Working Papers 0709, Department of Accounting, Economics and Finance, Bristol Business School, University of the West of England, Bristol.
- Gero Erdmann, 2007. "The Cleavage Model, Ethnicity and Voter Alignment in Africa: Conceptual and Methodological Problems Revisited," GIGA Working Paper Series 63, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies.
- Nauro F. Campos & Menelaos G. Karanasos, 2007. "Growth, Volatility and Political Instability: Non-Linear Time-Series Evidence for Argentina, 1896-2000," CEDI Discussion Paper Series 07-12, Centre for Economic Development and Institutions(CEDI), Brunel University.
- Natalia Melgar, 2007. "Micro-foundations of individual preferences for protectionism in Canada and Uruguay," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 1707, Department of Economics - dECON.
- Paulo Roberto Arvate & George Avelino & José A. Tavares, 2007. "Budget Deficits And Reelection Prospects: Voters As Fiscal Conservatives In A New Democracy," Anais do XXXV Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 35th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 106, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Martin Gassebner & Richard Jong-A-Pin & Jochen O. Mierau, 2007. "Terrorism and Cabinet Duration: An Empirical Analysis," KOF Working papers 07-181, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Elias Papaioannou & Gregorios Siourounis, 2007. "Democratization And Growth," CEDI Discussion Paper Series 07-13, Centre for Economic Development and Institutions(CEDI), Brunel University.
- Ibrahim L. Awad, 2007. "Towards Measurement of Political Pressure on Central Banks in the Emerging Market Economies: The Case of the Central Bank of Egypt," Working Papers IES 2007/30, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Dec 2007.