Report NEP-HPE-2018-09-17This is the archive for NEP-HPE, a report on new working papers in the area of History & Philosophy of Economics. Erik Thomson issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Cappelen, Alexander W. & Cappelen, Cornelius & Tungodden, Bertil, 2018. "Second-best fairness under Limited information: The trade-off between false positives and false negatives," Discussion Paper Series in Economics 18/2018, Norwegian School of Economics, Department of Economics.
- Plata Arenas, Llzeth Daniela, 2018.
"El peligro de la sobrepoblación disminuye con el desarrollo de la civilización
[The danger of overpopulation decreases with the development of civilization]," MPRA Paper 88711, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- John List & Zacharias Maniadis & Fabio Tufano, 2017. "To Replicate or Not To Replicate? Exploring Reproducibility in Economics through the Lens of a Model and a Pilot Study," Framed Field Experiments 00646, The Field Experiments Website.
- Fix, Blair, 2018. "The trouble with human capital theory," Working Papers on Capital as Power 2018/07, Capital As Power - Toward a New Cosmology of Capitalism.
- Judit Kapas, 2018. "Different Cultural Layers: Different Effects on Development?," Proceedings of International Academic Conferences 6408999, International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences.
- Agnes Cseh & Tamás Fleiner, 2018. "The complexity of cake cutting with unequal shares," IEHAS Discussion Papers 1819, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies.
- Abel Brodeur & Nikolai Cook & Anthony Heyes, 2018. "Methods Matter: P-Hacking and Causal Inference in Economics," Working Papers 1809E, University of Ottawa, Department of Economics.
- Carol Graham & Diana Liu, 2018. "Does Happiness Pay Revisited – New Evidence from the U.S.A," Working Papers 2018-061, Human Capital and Economic Opportunity Working Group.
- Chichilnisky, Graciela & Hammond, Peter J. & Stern, Nicholas, 2018. "Should We Discount the Welfare of Future Generations? Ramsey and Suppes versus Koopmans and Arrow," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 1174, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Dufwenberg, Martin & Nordblom, Katarina, 2018. "Tax Evasion with a Conscience," Working Papers in Economics 738, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Elif E. Demiral & Johanna Mollerstrom, 2018. "The Entitlement Effect in the Ultimatum Game - Does It Even Exist?," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1756, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Christian Schitter & Stefan Palan, 2018. "Should I wait or should I lie? Path dependency and timing in repeated honesty decisions under frames," Working Paper Series, Social and Economic Sciences 2018-05, Faculty of Social and Economic Sciences, Karl-Franzens-University Graz.
- Feld, Lars P., 2018. "The quest for fiscal rules," Freiburg Discussion Papers on Constitutional Economics 18/09, Walter Eucken Institut e.V..