Report NEP-FOR-2018-04-23This is the archive for NEP-FOR, a report on new working papers in the area of Forecasting. Rob J Hyndman issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Lajos Tamás Szabó, 2018. "Forecasting external demand using BVAR models," MNB Occasional Papers 2018/134, Magyar Nemzeti Bank (Central Bank of Hungary).
- Hasumi, Ryo & Iiboshi, Hirokuni & Matsumae, Tatsuyoshi & Nakamura, Daisuke, 2018. "Does a financial accelerator improve forecasts during financial crises?: Evidence from Japan with Prediction Pool Methods," MPRA Paper 85523, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Charles W. Calomiris & Harry Mamaysky, 2018. "How News and Its Context Drive Risk and Returns Around the World," NBER Working Papers 24430, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jamie L. Cross & Chenghan Hou & Aubrey Poon, 2018. "International transmissions of aggregate macroeconomic uncertainty in small open economies: An empirical approach," CAMA Working Papers 2018-16, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Rangan Gupta & Florian Huber & Philipp Piribauer, 2018. "Predicting International Equity Returns: Evidence from Time-Varying Parameter Vector Autoregressive Models," Working Papers 201826, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Ioannis Kyriakou & Parastoo Mousavi & Jens Perch Nielsen & Michael Scholz, 2018. "Choice of Benchmark When Forecasting Long-term Stock Returns," Graz Economics Papers 2018-08, University of Graz, Department of Economics.
- Oscar Claveria & Enric Monte & Salvador Torra, 2018. "“A regional perspective on the accuracy of machine learning forecasts of tourism demand based on data characteristics”," IREA Working Papers 201805, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised Mar 2018.