Report NEP-FOR-2018-02-05This is the archive for NEP-FOR, a report on new working papers in the area of Forecasting. Rob J Hyndman issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Hyeongwoo Kim & Kyunghwan Ko, 2017. "Improving Forecast Accuracy of Financial Vulnerability: Partial Least Squares Factor Model Approach," Working Papers 2017-14, Economic Research Institute, Bank of Korea.
- Dreher, Sandra & Eichfelder, Sebastian & Noth, Felix, 2017. "Predicting earnings and cash flows: The information content of losses and tax loss carryforwards," arqus Discussion Papers in Quantitative Tax Research 224, arqus - Arbeitskreis Quantitative Steuerlehre.
- Lu, Yang, 2018. "Exact Likelihood Estimation and Probabilistic Forecasting in Higher-order INAR(p) Models," MPRA Paper 83682, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Angelica Gianfreda & Francesco Ravazzolo & Luca Rossini, 2018. "Comparing the Forecasting Performances of Linear Models for Electricity Prices with High RES Penetration," Working Papers No 2/2018, Centre for Applied Macro- and Petroleum economics (CAMP), BI Norwegian Business School.
- Christian Hotz-Behofsits & Florian Huber & Thomas O. Zorner, 2018. "Predicting crypto-currencies using sparse non-Gaussian state space models," Papers 1801.06373, arXiv.org, revised Feb 2018.
- Li, You & Tay, Anthony, 2017. "The Role of Macroeconomic, Policy, and Forecaster Uncertainty in Forecast Dispersion," Economics and Statistics Working Papers 1-2018, Singapore Management University, School of Economics.
- Bok, Brandyn & Caratelli, Daniele & Giannone, Domenico & Sbordone, Argia & Tambalotti, Andrea, 2018. "Macroeconomic Nowcasting and Forecasting with Big Data," CEPR Discussion Papers 12589, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Emilio Zanetti Chini, 2018. "Forecaster’s utility and forecasts coherence," DEM Working Papers Series 145, University of Pavia, Department of Economics and Management.
- McKenzie, David J. & Sansone, Dario, 2017. "Man vs. Machine in Predicting Successful Entrepreneurs: Evidence from a Business Plan Competition in Nigeria," CEPR Discussion Papers 12523, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- H. Murat Ozbilgin, 2017. "Forecasting the Growth Cycles of the Turkish Economy," Working Papers 1715, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.