Report NEP-FOR-2014-12-03This is the archive for NEP-FOR, a report on new working papers in the area of Forecasting. Rob J Hyndman issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Li, Anzhi & Dorfman, Jeffrey H., 2014. "Composite Qualitative Forecasting of Futures Prices: Using One Commodity to Help Forecast Another," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 169790, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Jing Zeng, 2014. "Forecasting Aggregates with Disaggregate Variables: Does Boosting Help to Select the Most Relevant Predictors?," Working Paper Series of the Department of Economics, University of Konstanz 2014-20, Department of Economics, University of Konstanz.
- Camila Epprecht & Dominique Guegan & Álvaro Veiga & Joel Correa da Rosa, 2017. "Variable selection and forecasting via automated methods for linear models: LASSO/adaLASSO and Autometrics," Post-Print halshs-00917797, HAL.
- Chao, Wang & Richard, Gerlach, 2014. "Forecasting risk via realized GARCH, incorporating the realized range," Working Papers 2014-06, University of Sydney Business School, Discipline of Business Analytics.
- Jozef Baruník & Frantisek Cech, 2014. "On the modelling and forecasting multivariate realized volatility: Generalized Heterogeneous Autoregressive (GHAR) model," Working Papers IES 2014/23, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Aug 2014.
- Hoerova, Marie & Bekaert, Geert, 2014. "The VIX, the variance premium and stock market volatility," Working Paper Series 1675, European Central Bank.
- William A. Barnett & Marcelle Chauvet & Danilo Leiva-Leon, 2014. "Real-Time Nowcasting of Nominal GDP Under Structural Breaks," Staff Working Papers 14-39, Bank of Canada.
- Laurent A. F. Callot & Anders B. Kock & Marcelo C. Medeiros, 2014. "Estimation and Forecasting of Large Realized Covariance Matrices and Portfolio Choice," CREATES Research Papers 2014-42, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.