Report NEP-FOR-2008-05-31This is the archive for NEP-FOR, a report on new working papers in the area of Forecasting. Rob J Hyndman issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Laurence Fung & Ip-wing Yu, 2008. "Predicting Stock Market Returns by Combining Forecasts," Working Papers 0801, Hong Kong Monetary Authority.
- Green, Kesten C., 2008. "Assessing probabilistic forecasts about particular situations," MPRA Paper 8836, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sucarrat, Genaro & Bauwens, Luc, 2008. "General to specific modelling of exchange rate volatility : a forecast evaluation," UC3M Working papers. Economics we081810, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Pedro M.D.C.B. Gouveia & Denise R. Osborn & Paulo M.M. Rodrigues, 2008. "Comparing Seasonal Forecasts of Industrial Production," Centre for Growth and Business Cycle Research Discussion Paper Series 102, Economics, The Univeristy of Manchester.
- Darracq Pariès, Matthieu & Maurin, Laurent, 2008. "The role of country-specific trade and survey data in forecasting euro area manufacturing production: perspective from large panel factor models," Working Paper Series 0894, European Central Bank.
- Anton Andriyashin, 2008. "Stock Picking via Nonsymmetrically Pruned Binary Decision Trees," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2008-035, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Eduardo Mendes & Les Oxley & Marco Reale, 2008. "Some New Approaches to Forecasting the Price of Electricity: A Study of Californian Market," Working Papers in Economics 08/05, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Onorante, Luca & Pedregal, Diego J. & Pérez, Javier J. & Signorini, Sara, 2008. "The usefulness of infra-annual government cash budgetary data for fiscal forecasting in the euro area," Working Paper Series 0901, European Central Bank.
- Karen Mayor & Richard S. J. Tol, 2008. "Scenarios of Carbon Dioxide Emissions from Aviation," Papers WP244, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).