Report NEP-BIG-2019-01-28This is the archive for NEP-BIG, a report on new working papers in the area of Big Data. Tom CoupÃ© issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Schnaubelt, Matthias & Fischer, Thomas G. & Krauss, Christopher, 2018. "Separating the signal from the noise - financial machine learning for Twitter," FAU Discussion Papers in Economics 14/2018, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Institute for Economics.
- Beutel, Johannes & List, Sophia & von Schweinitz, Gregor, 2019. "An evaluation of early warning models for systemic banking crises: Does machine learning improve predictions?," IWH Discussion Papers 2/2019, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH).
- Michela Giorcelli & Nicola Lacetera & Astrid Marinoni, 2019. "Does Scientific Progress Affect Culture? A Digital Text Analysis," NBER Working Papers 25429, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Amankwah-Amoah, Joseph, 2019. "Big data analytics and business failures in data-Rich environments: An organizing framework," MPRA Paper 91264, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Maryna Zenkova & Robert Ślepaczuk, 2019. "Robustness of Support Vector Machines in Algorithmic Trading on Cryptocurrency Market," Working Papers 2019-02, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw.
- Hills, Thomas & Proto, Eugenio & Sgroi, Daniel, 2019. "Historical Analysis of National Subjective Wellbeing using millions of Digitized Books," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 1186, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Sturm, Silke, 2019. "Political Competition: How to Measure Party Strategy in Direct Voter Communication using Social Media Data?," Hamburg Discussion Papers in International Economics 1, University of Hamburg, Chair of International Economics.
- Julika Herzberg, 2019. "Protection and Profit: Empirical Evidence of Governmental and Market-based Forest Policies," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201901, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Yiran Fan, 2018. "Weapon-Carrying among High School Students: A Predictive Model Using Machine Learning," Working papers 051YF, Research Association for Interdisciplinary Studies.
- Samuel P. Fraiberger & Do Lee & Damien Puy & Romain Ranciere, 2018. "Media Sentiment and International Asset Prices," IMF Working Papers 18/274, International Monetary Fund.
- Stelios Michalopoulos & Melanie Meng Xue, 2019. "Folklore," NBER Working Papers 25430, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.