Report NEP-AGE-2017-07-23This is the archive for NEP-AGE, a report on new working papers in the area of Economics of Ageing. Claudia Villosio issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Maurer, Raimond & Mitchell, Olivia S., 2017. "Incentivizing older people to delay social security claiming," SAFE Policy Letters 57, Leibniz Institute for Financial Research SAFE.
- Dongwoo Kim & Cory Koedel & Shawn Ni & Michael Podgursky & Weiwei Wu, 2016. "Pensions and Late-Career Teacher Retention," Working Papers 1708, Department of Economics, University of Missouri, revised Jul 2017.
- Dan A. Black & Yu-Chieh Hsu & Seth G. Sanders & Lynne Steuerle Schofield & Lowell J. Taylor, 2017. "The Methuselah Effect: The Pernicious Impact of Unreported Deaths on Old Age Mortality Estimates," NBER Working Papers 23574, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fornero, Elsa & Lo Prete, Anna, 2017. "Voting in the Aftermath of a Pension Reform: The Role of Financial Literacy," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 201723, University of Turin.
- Eric Nauenberg & Carita Ng, 2017. "Long-Term Demographic Forecasts and Implications for Health Care Resources and Repurposing," Working Papers 170008, Canadian Centre for Health Economics.
- Mercan, Murat A., 2016. "How May Working Hours and Occupations Affect Arthritis? Results from a Nationally Representative Dataset," MPRA Paper 75228, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jean-Pierre Aubry & Anqi Chen & Alicia H. Munnell, 2017. "A First Look at Alternative Investments and Public Pensions," Issues in Brief ibslp55, Center for Retirement Research.
- Eli P. Fenichel & Matthew J. Kotchen & Ethan T. Addicott, 2017. "Even the Representative Agent Must Die: Using Demographics to Inform Long-Term Social Discount Rates," NBER Working Papers 23591, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Strulik, Holger, 2017. "Smoking kills: An economic theory of addiction, health deficit accumulation, and longevity," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 316, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Dirk Broeders & Arco van Oord & David Rijsbergen, 2017. "Does it pay to pay performance fees? Empirical evidence from Dutch pension funds," DNB Working Papers 561, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Wenli Li & Fang Yang & Michael Dotsey, 2017. "The Consequences of an Aging Chinese Miracle," 2017 Meeting Papers 154, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Blum, Matthias & Krauss, Karl-Peter, 2017. "Age heaping and numeracy: Looking behind the curtain," QUCEH Working Paper Series 2017-05, Queen's University Belfast, Queen's University Centre for Economic History.
- Herzer, Dierk & Nagel, Korbinian, 2017. "The effects of adult and non-adult mortality on long-run economic development: Evidence from a heterogeneous dynamic and cross-sectionally dependent panel of countries between 1800 and 2010," Working Paper 177/2017, Helmut Schmidt University, Hamburg.