The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620167
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: R. J. Arnould
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:quaeco
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
1996, Volume 36, Issue Supplement 1
- 17-35 Bounded rationality and game theory
by Samuelson, Larry
- 37-60 On time series econometrics
by Cribari-Neto, Francisco
- 61-72 The past and future of economic history in economics
by White, Eugene N.
- 73-84 The use of economics in the public policy debate in telecommunications
by Cornell, Nina W.
- 85-100 Emerging policy issues in development finance
by Gooptu, Sudarshan
- 101-114 Capital flows and economic growth: Reflections on Latin America in the 1990s
by Welch, John H.
- 115-151 Economic policy making in sub-Saharan Africa and IMF involvement
by Fasano-Filho, Ugo
- 153-160 The role of the economist in business
by Carlson, George N.
- 161-168 Economics and the media
by Boltz, Paul W.
1996, Volume 36, Issue 4
- 417-429 Pensions, non-discrimination policies, and the employment of older workers
by Garen, John & Berger, Mark & Scott, Frank
- 451-473 International linkages between short-term real interest rates
by Fujihara, Roger A. & Mougoue, Mbodja
- 475-484 Time series estimation of the bond default risk premium
by Clinebell, John M. & Kahl, Douglas K. & Stevens, Jerry L.
- 485-494 The relationship between budget deficits and capital inflows: Further econometric evidence
by Murthy, N. R. Vasudeva & Phillips, Joseph M.
- 507-527 The Stock market impact of social pressure: The South African divestment case
by Lytle, Laurian Casson & Joy, O. Maurice
- 529-538 Conditional heteroskedasticity adjusted market model and an event study
by Corhay, A. & Rad, A. Tourani
1996, Volume 36, Issue 3
- 269-270 Preface to minisymposium on drawing the right lessons from the S&L mess
by Kane, Edward J.
- 271-290 Opportunity cost of capital forbearance during the final years of the FSLIC mess
by Kane, Edward J. & Yu, Min-Teh
- 291-310 Opportunity costs incurred by the RTC in cleaning up S&L insolvencies
by Ely, David P. & Varaiya, Nikhil P.
- 311-325 Response of uninsured depositors to impending S&L failures: Evidence of depositor discipline
by Goldberg, Lawrence G. & Hudgins, Sylvia C.
- 327-346 Equilibrium term structure relations of risky assets in incomplete markets
by Eckwert, Bernhard
- 347-363 Mutual fund investment performance
by Droms, William G. & Walker, David A.
- 365-375 The cross-section of stock returns and survivorship bias: Evidence from delisted stocks
by Davis, James L.
- 377-394 Interpreting mean reversion in stock returns
by Gangopadhyay, Partha & Reinganum, Marc R.
- 395-409 Do cash flow variables improve the predictive accuracy of a Cox proportional hazards model for bank failure?
by Henebry, Kathleen L.
- 411-415 A brief note on the macroeconomic consequences of random production failures
by Matthews, Peter Hans
1996, Volume 36, Issue 2
- 129-130 Introductory remarks
by Sorensen, Peter Birch
- 131-152 The changing role of the public sector: An ex-post view of the privatization process in Argentina
by Galiani, Sebastian & Petrecolla, Diego
- 153-165 The changing role of the state in Brazil
by Werneck, Rogerio L. F.
- 167-181 The changing role of the public sector: The Colombian case
by Carrasquilla, Alberto
- 183-195 Is one of the 'peace dividends' negative? Military expenditure and economic growth in the wealthy OECD countries
by Landau, Daniel
- 197-218 Simple vs. generalized interest rate and purchasing power parity models of exchange rates
by Zhou, Su & Mahdavi, Saeid
- 219-231 Risk and return in trading closed-end country funds: Can trading beat holding foreign stocks?
by Arak, Marcelle & Taylor, Dean
- 233-248 Cash flow instability and the demand for liquid assets by firms in Brazilian Manufacturing
by Falls, Gregory A. & Natke, Paul A.
- 249-268 The social costs of monopoly and regulation: Posner reconsidered again
by Mantell, Edmund H.
1996, Volume 36, Issue 1
- 1-16 Inflation and welfare in a stochastic production economy
by Mukherji, Nivedita
- 17-37 Trends in U.S. income inequality: Evidence from a panel of states
by Partridge, Mark D. & Rickman, Dan S. & Levernier, William
- 39-54 Economics of scale and scope in small depository institutions: Evidence from U.S. cooperative banks
by Rezvanian, Rasoul & Mahdian, Seyed & Elyasiani, Elyas
- 55-64 Seigniorage and the Mexican financial crisis
by Loviscek, Anthony L.
- 65-87 Modelling money demand in the United Arab Emirates
by Darrat, Ali F. & Al-Mutawa, Ahmed
- 89-115 Overreaction to takeover speculation
by Zivney, Terry L. & Bertin, William J. & Torabzadeh, Khalil M.
- 117-126 Investor sentiment and the closed-end fund evidence: Impact of the January effect
by Leonard, David C. & Shull, David M.
1995, Volume 35, Issue 35
- 483-496 The impact of the Federal Reserve's source of strength policy on bank holding companies
by Schinski, Michael & Mullineaux, Donald
- 497-514 Market discipline by depositors: Evidence from reduced-form equations
by Park, Sangkyun
- 515-532 Employer search and worker-firm match quality
by Sicilian, Paul
- 533-550 The effects of ownership form on profit maximization and cost minimization behavior within municipal and cooperative electrical distribution utilities
by Claggett, E. Jr. & Hollas, Daniel R. & Stansell, Stanley R.
- 551-577 Economic growth in the American states: The end of convergence?
by Crihfield, John B. & Giertz, J. Fred & Mehta, Shekhar
- 579-593 Intertemporal stability in international stock market relationships: A revisit
by Tang, Gordon Y. N.
- 595-602 Adding mystery to the case of the missing currency
by Haughton, Jonathan
1995, Volume 35, Issue 4
- 339-363 Risk dominance and coordination failures in static games
by Straub, Paul G.
- 365-386 Smoking, self-selection and absenteeism
by Leigh, J. Paul
- 387-395 Earnings inequality narrows for young workers despite a widening wage structure
by Ragan, James Jr. & Bratsberg, Bernt
- 397-419 An empirical study of the corporate choice among common stock, convertible bonds and straight debt: A cash flow interpretation
by Lee, Hei-Wai & Gentry, James A.
- 421-449 Insider trading: Regulation, securities markets, and welfare under risk aversion
by Estrada, Javier
- 451-466 Business cycle asymmetry and the stock market
by Domian, Dale L. & Louton, David A.
- 467-480 Implications of multiple structural changes in event studies
by Burnett, John E. & Carroll, Carolyn & Thistle, Paul
1995, Volume 35, Issue 3
- 233-243 The stability of the demand for money and M1 velocity: Evidence from the sectoral data
by Butkiewicz, James L. & McConnell, Margaret Mary
- 245-256 Horizontal mergers of price-setting firms with sunk capacity costs
by Baik, Kyung Hwan
- 257-269 To pay or not to pay: Positive incentives as a calibrating device in the white indenture system
by Kauffman, Kyle D. & Cribari-Neto, Francisco
- 271-287 Local characteristics, contestability, and the dynamic structure of rural banking: A market study
by Devaney, Mike & Weber, Bill
- 289-303 The determinants of entry for black-owned commercial banks
by Price, Gregory N.
- 305-314 Racetrack wagering and the "uninformed" bettor: A study of market efficiency
by Swidler, Steve & Shaw, Ron
- 315-325 Compounding/discounting in continuous time
by Horvath, Philip A.
- 327-332 Point: "Competition and value-of-service pricing in the residential real estate brokerage market"
by O'Donnell, Shraon I. & Geurts, Tom G.
- 333-338 Counterpoint: "Competition and value-of-service pricing in the residential real estate brokerage market"
by Schroeter, John R.
1995, Volume 35, Issue 2
- 117-117 Futures markets in the 21st century
by Leuthold, Raymond M.
- 119-152 Aggregate income risks and hedging mechanisms
by Shiller, Robert J.
- 153-162 Optimal futures contract design
by Tashjian, Elizabeth
- 163-175 Electronic derivatives exchanges: Implicit mergers, network externalities, and standardization
by Domowitz, Ian
- 177-185 The role of economists in public policy
by Kaufman, George G.
- 187-206 The sensitivity in tests of the efficiency of a portfolio and portfolio performance measurement
by Choi, Yoon K.
- 207-223 Monetary policy indicators after deregulation
by Rossiter, R. D.
- 225-231 Conglomerate mergers and under-performance risk: A note
by Shih, Michael S. H.
1995, Volume 35, Issue 1
- 1-14 Predictable components in exchange rates
by Cochran, Steven J. & DeFina, Robert H.
- 15-39 Vouchers in a community choice model with zoning
by Rangazas, Peter
- 41-52 Evidence on the relationship between uncertainty and irreversible investment
by Episcopos, Athanasios
- 53-72 A cross-industry time-series analysis of quits
by Campbell, Carl III
- 73-87 Bridging the theory-practice gap in corporate finance: A survey of chief financial officers
by Trahan, Emery A. & Gitman, Lawrence J.
- 89-96 The pricing of risky corporate debt to be issued at par value
by Owenthal, Frankline & Langsen, Arnold & Benson, Clark
- 97-116 The volatility effect of option listing: Some Canadian evidence
by Elfakhani, Said & Chaudhury, Mohammed
1994, Volume 34, Issue Supplement 1
- 1-7 Exploration of critical issues in privatization, deregulation, and changing property rights: An introduction
by Baer, Werner & Conroy, Michael
- 9-42 The fiscal impact of privatization in Latin America
by Pinheiro, Armando Castelear & Schneider, Ben Ross
- 43-76 The politics of privatization and deregulation in Latin America
by Manzetti, Luigi
- 77-99 Transnational corporations, the neo-liberal agenda and regional integration: Establishing a policy framework
by Bannister, Geoffrey & Braga, C. A. Primo & Petry, Joe
- 101-116 Judicial systems and economic performance
by Sherwood, Robert M. & Shepherd, Geoffrey & De Souza, Celso Marcos
- 117-149 Authors' rights in Latin America
by Steinhardt, Jeffrey D. & Neff, Richard E.
- 151-177 Deregulation in Argentina: A policymaker's view
by Rojo, Pablo & Hoberman, Jeffrey
- 179-197 Regulatory issues in the privatization of public utilities: The chilean experience
by Bitran, E. & Serra, Pablo
- 199-216 Antitrust in post-privatization Latin America: An analysis of the Mexican airlines industry
by Hanson, Gordon H.
- 217-235 Privatization and performance in the Mexican financial services industry
by McComb, Robert P. & Gruben, William C. & Welch, John H.
- 237-259 Labor issues in Colombia's privatization: A comparative perspective
by Cardenas, Mauricio & Juarez, Carlos E.
- 261-280 Land, property rights and privatization in Brazil
by Mueller, Bernardo & Alston, Lee & Libecap, Gary D. & Schneider, Robert
- 281-299 The heavy burden of a divestiture strategy of privatization: Lessons from Germany's experiences for Latin American privatization?
by Krusselberg, Hans-Gunter
- 301-331 Lessons from the political economy of privatization and public sector reform in the Middle East and Southeast Asia
by Esfahani, Hadi Salehi
1994, Volume 34, Issue 4
- 305-316 Price and volume effects associated with changes in the Dow Jones Averages
by Polonchek, John & Krehbiel, Tim
- 317-331 Predictability of stock returns and real output
by Marathe, Achla & Shawky, Hany A.
- 333-345 The Phillips Curve: Evidence of a "lady or tiger dilemma"
by Samavati, Hedayeh & Dilts, David A. & Deitsch, Clarence R.
- 347-361 Deposit insurance and banking system risk: Some empirical evidence
by Shiers, Alden F.
- 363-373 Exploring the real interest rate puzzle
by Brewer, Elijah III & Kaufman, George G.
- 375-386 Trends in institutional affiliation of authors who publish in the three leading general interest economics journals
by Siegfried, John J.
- 387-402 Institutional investors, antitakeover defenses and success of hostile takeover bids
by Duggal, Rakesh & Millar, James A.
- 403-412 Do investor relations make a difference?
by Farraghe, Edward J. & Kleiman, Robert & Bazaz, Mohammed S.
1994, Volume 34, Issue 3
- 227-239 An empirical examination of racial and gender differences in wage distributions
by Schmitz, Susanne & Williams, Donald R. & Gabriel, Paul E.
- 241-259 Common stochastic trends in pacific rim stock markets
by Chung, Pin J. & Liu, Donald J.
- 261-282 Vertical integration efficiencies and electric utilities: A cost complementarity perspective
by Gilsdorf, Keith
- 283-299 A methodological investigation of risk exposure of bank off-balance sheet loan commitment activities
by Hassan, M. Kabir & Sackley, William H.
- 301-307 Sufficient conditions for an inverse relationship between productivity and employment
by Firoozi, Fathali
- 309-325 The underpricing of 'unit' initial public offerings
by Jain, Bharat A.
- 327-334 A re-examination of the operating leverage-financial leverage tradeoff hypothesis
by Dugan, Michael T. & Minyard, Donald H. & Shriver, Keith A.
1994, Volume 34, Issue 2
- 121-130 A natural experiment in styles of capitalism: Professional sports
by Gramlich, Edward M.
- 131-143 Below-minimum-wage workers: Implications for minimum-wage models
by Schiller, Bradley R.
- 145-157 Coalition dynamics, social norms, and the persistence of inflation
by Daniel G. Arge M.
- 159-172 The relative efficiency of inflation indicators: A vector autoregressive study
by Deravi, Keivan & Hegji, Charles E.
- 173-182 Plant-level scale economies and industrial concentration
by Eckard, E. Jr.
- 183-193 On the stationarity of savings in the United States
by Brodsky, Noel
- 195-211 The impact of exchange rate changes on investment in research and development
by Zietz, Joachim & Fayissa, Bichaka
- 213-225 Factor substitution among real and financial assets in Brazilian manufacturing firms
by Falls, Gregory A. & Natke, Pauls A.
1994, Volume 34, Issue 1
- 1-11 Finance, investment, and their macroeconomic implications
by Gordon, M. J.
- 13-24 Relative mean-variance efficiency of a given portfolio: An application to mutual fund performance
by Rahman, Shafiqur
- 25-40 Are consumers Ricardian? Evidence for Canada
by Evans, Paul & Hasan, Iftekhar
- 41-62 Financial commodities: Catalysts in the evolution of capital markets
by Fischer, K. P. & Palasvirta, A. P.
- 63-74 Do budget deficits cause capital inflows? Evidence from the United States
by Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen & Payesteh, Sayeed
- 95-112 Determinants of the inflation rate in the United States: A VAR investigation
by Dhakal, Dharmendra & Kandil, Magda & Sharma, Subhash C. & Trescott, Paul B.
- 113-116 An empirical note on deficits, interest rates, and international flows
by Brazelton, W. Robert
- 117-120 Federal budget deficits, interest rates, and international capital flows: A further note
by Cebula, Richard J. & Koch, James V.
1993, Volume 33, Issue Supplement 1
- 1-8 Preface and interpretative summary
by Cleaves, Peter & Conroy, Michael & Baer, Werner
- 9-19 The state and the private sector in Latin America: Reflections on the past, the present and the future
by Edwards, Jack K. & Baer, Werner
- 21-44 Privatization and regulation in Brazil: The 1990-1992 policies and the challenges ahead
by De P. Abreu, Marcelo & Werneck, Rogerio L. F.
- 45-66 Privatization: The Mexican case
by Bazdresch P., Carlos & Elizondo, Carlos
- 67-93 Privatization in Argentina
by Petrecolla, Alberto & Porto, Alberto & Gerchunoff, Pablo
- 95-112 A review of Chilean privatization experience
by Meller, Patricio
- 113-114 Comments on Patrico Meller's paper at LA 2000
by Maloney, W. F.
- 115-118 Privatization in Mexico and Chile: Comments on Bazdresch and Elizondo and Meller
by Welch, John H.
- 119-133 Regulation in Latin America: Prospects for the 1990s
by Birch, Melissa & Braga, C. A. Primo
- 135-155 The role of trust and the law in privatization
by Orr, Daniel & Ulen, Thomas S.
- 157-160 Comments
by Sherwood, Robert M.
- 161-163 Some neglected issues
by Schuh, G. Edward
1993, Volume 33, Issue 4
- 305-323 Yale and the monetary interpretation of the Great Depression
by Steindl, Frank G.
- 325-342 Credit rationing and macroeconomic adjustment in Latin America
by Rockerbie, Duane W.
- 343-358 The exchange value of the dollar and the U.S. trade balance: An empirical investigation based on cointegradon and Granger causality tests
by Mahdavi, Saeid & Sohrabian, Ahmad
- 359-381 The theory and practice of finance in the 1990s
by Petry, Glenn H. & Sprow, James
- 383-408 Measuring technical and scale inefficiencies in the beer industry: Nonparametric and parametric evidence
by Elyasiani, Elyas & Mehdian, Seyed
- 409-421 The advertising effect of university athletic success: A reappraisal of the evidence
by Bremmer, Dale S. & Kesselring, Randall G.
- 423-437 Velocity variability: Directly an interest-rate driven phenomenon
by Katsimbris, George M. & Miller, Stephen M.
- 439-445 A note on budget deficits, debt service payments, and interest rates
by Cebula, Richard J. & Rhodd, Rupert G.
1993, Volume 33, Issue 3
- 217-231 Introducing work rules into models of wage-employment contracts
by Kahn, Charles M. & Reagan, Patricia B.
- 233-245 How large are the subsidies provided by the system of financing unemployment insurance?
by Laurence, Louise
- 247-259 Deposit rate deregulation and demand for money in the 1980's
by Rossiter, R. D.
- 261-266 Inter-group competition for a pure private rent
by Sanghack Lee
- 267-273 The distribution of income, value of time, and the demand for real balances
by Mohammadi, Hassan & Smith, Chuck
- 295-304 The January effect and intergenerational transfers
by Gamble, Ralph Jr.
1993, Volume 33, Issue 2
- 107-122 First price auctions with entry: An experimental investigation
by Meyer, Donald J.
- 123-139 The effect of the alternative minimum tax on corporate tax burdens
by Omer, Thomas C. & Ziebart, David A.
- 141-153 Economic regulation and highway safety in the trucking industry: A limited dependent variable analysis
by Traynor, Thomas L. & McCarthy, Patrick S.
- 155-169 The investment-cash flow linkage revisited: Evidence from aggregate data and multivariate Granger-causality tests
by Kholdy, Shady & Sohrabian, Ahmad & Mahdavi, Saeid
- 171-177 Comparative behavior of "more risk averse" agents with two risky assets
by Mitchell, Douglas W.
- 179-195 A comparison of alternative term premium estimates
by Ferderer, J. Peter & Shadbegian, Ronald
- 197-215 Further evidence on gender and academic rank
by Raymond, Richard D. & Sesnowitz, Michael L. & Williams, Donald R.
1993, Volume 33, Issue 1
- 1-14 The decline of the Midwest
by Rosen, Sherwin
- 15-31 The effect of military service on the subsequent civilian wage of the post-Vietnam veteran
by Bryant, Richard R. & Samaranayake, V. A. & Wilhite, Allen
- 33-49 An empirical investigation of risk classes: Are common proxies valid?
by Baer, James D.
- 51-69 The off-balance sheet banking risk of large U.S. commercial banks
by Hassan, M. Kabir
- 71-86 Derived demand for advertising messages and substitutability among the media
by Seldon, Barry J. & Jung, Chulho
- 87-100 Economic determinants of quarterly earnings data
by Baginski, Stephen P. & Lorek, Kenneth S. & Willinger, G. Lee
- 101-105 The impact of living costs on geographic mobility
by Cebula, Richard J.