Effective marginal tax rates for US investors in Germany and Europe : an analysis of recent tax reforms in Germany
AbstractIn this paper the impact of the corporate tax systems of the 15 EU-member states on the investment and the financing decision of an US multinational corporation is analysed. The calculation of the resulting effective marginal tax rates (EMTR) closely follow the model of King and Fullerton. There is not only a great variation among the EMTR in the EU-member states which can affect cross-border location, investment and financing decisions. Moreover, recent reform proposals in Germany are likely to have an impact both on investment patterns and financing decisions of US multinationals in Germany. --
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research in its series ZEW Discussion Papers with number 99-55.
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
Tax burden comparison; capital income taxation; tax competition; tax harmonization in Europe; cross-border tax planing;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hans-Werner Sinn & Willi Leibfritz & Alfons J. Weichenrieder, 1999. "ifo Vorschlag zur Steuerreform," Ifo Schnelldienst, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 52(18), pages 03-18, October.
- Griffith, R & Chennells, C, 1997. "Taxing Profits in a Changing World," Open Access publications from University College London http://discovery.ucl.ac.u, University College London.
- Spengel, Christoph, 1994. "Innovationsförderung und Besteuerung," ZEW Discussion Papers 94-14, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Don Fullerton, 1984. "Which Effective Tax Rate?," NBER Working Papers 1123, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lammersen, Lothar, 2002. "The Measurement of Effective Tax Rates: Common Themes in Business Management and Economics," ZEW Discussion Papers 02-46, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.