Corporate domicile and average effective tax rates: The cases of Canada, Japan, the United Kingdom, and the United States
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal International Tax and Public Finance.
Volume (Year): 2 (1995)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=102915
effective tax rates; financial statements; domicile;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Don Fullerton, 1984. "Which Effective Tax Rate?," NBER Working Papers 1123, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rosanne Altshuler & Jack Mintz, 1994.
"U.S. Interest Allocation Rules: Effects and Policy,"
NBER Working Papers
4712, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rosanne Altshuler & Jack Mintz, 1995. "U.S. interest-allocation rules: Effects and policy," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 7-35, February.
- Rosanne Altshuler & Jack Mintz, 1996. "U.S. Interest Allocation Rules: Effects and Policy," Departmental Working Papers 199410, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Collins, Julie H. & Kemsley, Deen & Shackelford, Douglas A., 1995. "Tax Reform and Foreign Acquisitions: A Microanalysis," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 48(1), pages 1-21, March Cit.
- David F. Bradford & Don Fullerton, 1982. "Pitfalls in the Construction and Use of Effective Tax Rates," NBER Working Papers 0688, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ando, Albert & Auerbach, Alan J., 1988. "The cost of capital in the United States and Japan: A comparison," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 134-158, June.
- Michael Devereux & Harold Freeman, 1995. "The impact of tax on foreign direct investment: Empirical evidence and the implications for tax integration schemes," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 85-106, February.
- Jorgenson, D.W., 1992. "Tax Reform and the Cost of Capital : An International Comparison," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1621, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Harry Grubert & Timothy Goodspeed & Deborah L. Swenson, 1993. "Explaining the Low Taxable Income of Foreign-Controlled Companies in the United States," NBER Chapters, in: Studies in International Taxation, pages 237-276 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hylke Vandenbussche & Chang Tan, 2005.
"The Taxation of Multinationals: Firm Level Evidence for Belgium,"
LICOS Discussion Papers
16005, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Vandenbussche, Hylke & Tan, Chang, 2005. "The taxation of multinationals: Firm level evidence for Belgium," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:123456789/122708, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Vandenbussche, Hylke & Tan, C., 2005. "The taxation of multinationals: firm-level evidence for Belgium," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:123456789/214060, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Nicodeme, Gaetan, 2002.
"Sector and size effects on effective corporate taxation,"
15781, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ga�tan Nicod�me, 2002. "Sector and size effects on effective corporate taxation," European Economy - Economic Papers 175, Directorate General Economic and Monetary Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Louis T., Jr. Wells & Nancy J. Allen & Jacques Morisset & Neda Pirnia, 2001. "Using Tax Incentives to Compete for Foreign Investment : Are They Worth the Costs?," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13979, October.
- Sebastian Lazăr & Gheorghe Filip, 2011. "Measuring Corporate Effective Tax Burden In Romania: A Comprehensive Approach," Analele Stiintifice ale Universitatii "Alexandru Ioan Cuza" din Iasi - Stiinte Economice, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 58, pages 133-144, november.
- Devereux, Michael P & Griffith, Rachel, 2003.
"Evaluating Tax Policy for Location Decisions,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer, vol. 10(2), pages 107-26, March.
- Albert Ando & John Hancock & Gary Sawchuk, 1998. "Cost of Capital for the United States, Japan, and Canada: An Attempt at Measurement Based on Individual Company Records and Aggregate National Acccoun," NBER Working Papers 5884, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Morrisset, Jacques & Pirnia, Neda, 2000. "How tax policy and incentives affect foreign direct investment - a review," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2509, The World Bank.
- James R. Hines, Jr., 1996. "Tax Policy and the Activities of Multinational Corporations," NBER Working Papers 5589, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Devereux, Michael P & Hubbard, R Glenn, 2003.
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer, vol. 10(4), pages 469-87, August.
- Lee, Namryoung & Swenson, Charles, 2012. "Are Multinational Corporate Tax Rules as Important as Tax Rates?," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 155-167.
- Roger H. Gordon & James R. Hines Jr., 2002.
NBER Working Papers
8854, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Desai, Mihir A. & Hines, James R. Jr., 2002.
"Expectations and Expatriations: Tracing the Causes and Consequences of Corporate Inversions,"
National Tax Journal,
National Tax Association, vol. 55(3), pages 409-40, September.
- Mihir A. Desai & James R. Hines Jr., 2002. "Expectations and Expatriations: Tracing the Causes and Consequences of Corporate Inversions," NBER Working Papers 9057, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael P. Devereux & Rachel Griffith, 1998.
"The Taxation of Discrete Investment Choices,"
Keele Department of Economics Discussion Papers (1995-2001)
98/08, Department of Economics, Keele University.
- Sebastian Lazar, 2011. "Effective Corporate Income Tax Rate In Romania: A Micro-Backward Looking Approach," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1(2), pages 361-366, December.
- Buettner, Thiess, 2002. "The impact of taxes and public spending on the location of FDI: evidence from FDI-flows within Europe," ZEW Discussion Papers 02-17, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Michael J. Keen & Christos Kotsogiannis, 2002. "Does Federalism Lead to Excessively High Taxes?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(1), pages 363-370, March.
- Lazar Sebastian, 2010. "Effective Tax Burden Borne By Companies: A Review And A New Methodology," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1(2), pages 584-588, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.