The Pattern of Migration with Variable Migration Cost
AbstractIn this paper, we examine the role of migrant network in determining patterns of outmigration. Conditions under which migration equilibrium may permit multiple steady states are identified. Our analysis discusses instances where migration generates its own demand and explains differences in migration propensities across potential sources of outmigration.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Urban/Regional with number 9511001.
Length: 22 pages
Date of creation: 01 Nov 1995
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - LaTeX (2.09); prepared on IBM PC; to print on HP LaserJet; pages: 22; figures: none. Single TeX file (ASCII) FTP'ed; no specialized macros needed. Visit our Discussion Paper World Wide Web page at http://www.siu.edu/departments/cola/econ/discpapr.html.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://126.96.36.199
international-; regional-; labor economics; migration;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nina Neubecker & Marcel Smolka & Anne Steinbacher, 2013.
"Networks and Selection in International Migration to Spain,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
1306, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Neubecker, Nina & Smolka, Marcel & Steinbacher, Anne, 2012. "Networks and selection in international migration to Spain," University of Tuebingen Working Papers in Economics and Finance 35, University of Tuebingen, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences.
- Nina Neubecker & Marcel Smolka & Anne Steinbacher, 2012. "Networks and Selection in International Migration to Spain," IAW Discussion Papers 83, Institut für Angewandte Wirtschaftsforschung (IAW).
- Winters, Paul C. & de Janvry, Alain & Sadoulet, Elisabeth, 1999.
"Family And Community Networks In Mexico-U.S. Migration,"
12907, University of New England, School of Economics.
- Paul Winters & Alain de Janvry & Elisabeth Sadoulet, 2001. "Family and Community Networks in Mexico-U.S. Migration," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 36(1), pages 159-184.
- Peter R. Mueser & David Mandy & Eric Parsons, 2011. "Population Population Movements in the Presence of Agglomeration and Congestion Effects: Local Policy and the Social Optimum," Working Papers 1123, Department of Economics, University of Missouri.
- Zerlentes, Becky & Hewings, Geoffrey J.D. & Weiler, Stephan, 2009. "Modeling production externalities in the maquila industry," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 822-835, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.