Rural Development In Nigeria: A Case Study Of Osumenyi Town(Nnewi South Lga, Anambra State, Nigeria}
AbstractTHIS PAPER ENUNERATES THE SEQUENTIAL HISTORIC ORIGIN OF OSUMENYI VILLAGE AND ITS CULTURAL, RELIGIOUS AND ECONOMIC PRACTICES. IN OTHERWORDS, THE PAPER WILL HELP TO CLARIFY SOME OF THE SOCIO-POLITICAL CHANGES AND ECONOMIC CHANGES THAT HAS TAKEN PLACE IN OSUMENYI'S HISTORY. THE PAPER RECOMMENDS THE STATE AND FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TO EXPOIT THE IMPORTANT ECONOMIC CROPS FOUND AT OSUMENYI WHILE PROVIDING ESSENTIAL INFRASTRUCTURES TO THE PEOPLE.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Urban/Regional with number 0501001.
Length: 20 pages
Date of creation: 02 Jan 2005
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - pdf; pages: 20. THIS IS A PREVIOUS RESEARCH FOR PUBLIC ACCESS
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://220.127.116.11
OSUMENYI; AMAKOM; NNEWI; ANAMBRA; RURAL DEVELOPMENT; CUSTOMS; RELIGION; AGRICULTURE; TRADE;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H70 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - General
- Z10 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - General
- R50 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - General
- R10 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - General
- N00 - Economic History - - General - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2005-01-09 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2005-01-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2005-01-09 (Economic Geography)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.