The feasibility of an international tropical plywood futures contract
AbstractThis paper explores the potential for futures contracts in tropical (hardwood) plywood, one of the few major internationally traded commodities for which there is no yet a futures market. Commodity characteristics and market structures and practices that have an impact on the feasibility of a futures market are examined in detail, and conclusions drawn as to the way forward if one wishes to create such a market.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Risk and Insurance with number 0301001.
Length: 62 pages
Date of creation: 03 Jan 2003
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - pdf; pages: 62; figures: included. pdf file
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://220.127.116.11
commodity futures market; plywood;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L73 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Primary Products and Construction - - - Forest Products
- Q13 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Markets and Marketing; Cooperatives; Agribusiness
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2003-01-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-CFN-2003-01-05 (Corporate Finance)
- NEP-RMG-2003-01-05 (Risk Management)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.