General Equilibrium with Endogenous Securities and Moral Hazard
AbstractThis paper studies a class of general equilibrium economies in which the individuals' endowments depend on privately observed effort choices and the financial markets are endogenous. The environment is modeled as a two-stage game. Individuals first make strategic financial-innovation decisions. They then act in a Radner-type economy with the previously designed securities. Consumption goods, portfolios, and effort levels are chosen competitively (i.e., taking prices as given). An equilibrium concept is adapted for these moral hazard economies and its existence is proven. It is shown through an example how incentive motives might lead to the endogenous emergence of financial incompleteness.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Microeconomics with number 0407007.
Date of creation: 14 Jul 2004
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - pdf
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://126.96.36.199
general equilibrium; moral hazard; endogenous incomplete markets; non-exclusive securities;
Other versions of this item:
- Luis Braido, 2005. "General equilibrium with endogenous securities and moral hazard," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 26(1), pages 85-101, 07.
- D52 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Incomplete Markets
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- G22 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Insurance; Insurance Companies; Actuarial Studies
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-07-18 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Faias, Marta, 2004. "General equilibrium and endogenous creation of asset markets," FEUNL Working Paper Series wp454, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Faculdade de Economia.
- Braido, Luis H.B., 2009. "Multiproduct price competition with heterogeneous consumers and nonconvex costs," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(9-10), pages 526-534, September.
- Marta Faias, 2008. "Approximate equilibrium in pure strategies for a two-stage game of asset creation," Decisions in Economics and Finance, Springer, vol. 31(2), pages 117-136, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.