Existence of Equilibrium in Incomplete Markets with Non-Ordered Preferences
AbstractIn this paper we extend the results of recent studies on the existence of equilibrium in finite dimensional asset markets for both bounded and unbounded economies. We do not assume that the individual's preferences are complete or transitive. Our existence theorems for asset markets allow for short selling. We shall also show that the equilibrium achieves a constrained core within the same framework.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series GE, Growth, Math methods with number 0204002.
Date of creation: 16 Apr 2002
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - Tex; prepared on IBM PC; to print on HP;
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://18.104.22.168
Equilibrium Existence; Incomplete Preferences; Incomplete Markets; Constrained Core;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C62 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Existence and Stability Conditions of Equilibrium
- D52 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Incomplete Markets
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2002-06-13 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Page, F.H. & Wooders, M.H., 1995.
"The partnered core of an economy,"
1995-55, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Wooders, M., 1994. "The Partnered Core of an Economy," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 279.94, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Page, F.H. & Holtz Wooders, M., 1995. "The Partenered Core of an Economy," Papers 9555, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Haller, Hans, 1991. "Corporate Production and Shareholder Cooperation under Uncertainty," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 32(4), pages 823-42, November.
- Kelsey, D. & Milne, F., 1990.
"The Arbitrage Pricing Theorem with non Expected Utility Preferences,"
217, Australian National University - Department of Economics.
- Kelsey David & Milne Frank, 1995. "The Arbitrage Pricing Theorem with Non-expected Utility Preferences," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 557-574, April.
- David Kelsey & Frank Milne, 1992. "The arbitrage Pricing Theorem with Non Expected Utility Preferences," Working Papers 866, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Shafer, Wayne J., 1976. "Equilibrium in economies without ordered preferences or free disposal," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 135-137, July.
- Border, Kim C, 1984. "A Core Existence Theorem for Games without Ordered Preferences," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(6), pages 1537-42, November.
- Bettzuge, Marc Oliver, 1998. "An extension of a theorem by Mitjushin and Polterovich to incomplete markets," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 285-300, October.
- Milne, Frank, 1976. "Default Risk in a General Equilibrium Asset Economy with Incomplete Markets," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 17(3), pages 613-25, October.
- Werner, Jan, 1987. "Arbitrage and the Existence of Competitive Equilibrium," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(6), pages 1403-18, November.
- David Kelsey & Erkan Yalcin, 2004.
"The Arbitrage Pricing Theorem with Incomplete Preferences,"
GE, Growth, Math methods
- Kelsey, David & Yalcin, Erkan, 2007. "The arbitrage pricing theorem with incomplete preferences," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 90-105, July.
- Wayne Shafer & Hugo Sonnenschein, 1974.
"Equilibrium in Abstract Economies Without Ordered Preferences,"
94, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Shafer, Wayne & Sonnenschein, Hugo, 1975. "Equilibrium in abstract economies without ordered preferences," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 345-348, December.
- Nielsen, Lars Tyge, 1989. "Asset Market Equilibrium with Short-Selling," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 56(3), pages 467-73, July.
- Polterovich, Victor & Mityushin, Leonid, 1978. "Criteria for Monotonicity of Demand Functions," MPRA Paper 20097, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Duffie, Darrell & Shafer, Wayne, 1985. "Equilibrium in incomplete markets: I : A basic model of generic existence," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 285-300, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.