On the Corrections to Information Matrix Tests
AbstractThis paper addresses the issue of designing finite-sample corrections to information matrix tests. We review a Cornish-Fisher correction that has been proposed elsewhere and propose an alternative, Bartlett-type correction. Simulation results for skewness, excess kurtosis, normality and heteroskedasticity tests are given.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Econometrics with number 9601001.
Length: 17 pages
Date of creation: 18 Jan 1996
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - PostScript from gTeX; prepared on a Dell that hums; to print on PostScript; pages: 17; figures: 1 (included). The PostScript file was FTP'ed.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://22.214.171.124
Bartlett correction; Cornish-Fisher expansion; Edgeworth expansion; heteroskedasticity test; information matrix test; normality test; size correction;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chesher, Andrew D, 1984. "Testing for Neglected Heterogeneity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(4), pages 865-72, July.
- Orme, Chris, 1990. "The small-sample performance of the information-matrix test," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 309-331, December.
- Taylor, Larry W., 1987. "The size bias of White's information matrix test," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 63-67.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-38, May.
- Chesher, Andrew & Spady, Richard, 1991. "Asymptotic Expansions of the Information Matrix Test Statistic," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(3), pages 787-815, May.
- Koenker, Roger, 1981. "A note on studentizing a test for heteroscedasticity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 107-112, September.
- Breusch, T S & Pagan, A R, 1979. "A Simple Test for Heteroscedasticity and Random Coefficient Variation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(5), pages 1287-94, September.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G, 1992.
"A New Form of the Information Matrix Test,"
Econometric Society, vol. 60(1), pages 145-57, January.
- White, Halbert, 1982. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Misspecified Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(1), pages 1-25, January.
- Godfrey, Leslie G., 1978. "Testing for multiplicative heteroskedasticity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 227-236, October.
- Honda, Yuzo, 1988. "A size correction to the Lagrange multiplier test for heteroskedasticity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 375-386, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.