Understanding The Determinants Of Icts Diffussion In Ecowas
AbstractThe Information and Communication technology(ICT) environment in the economic community of west african states(ECOWAS) has changed sufficiently to warrant re-conceptualization of the earlier initiatives. Notably, many new technologies have emerged, especially in the area of wireless communications. Thus, ECOWAS ability to participate in and enhance its international competitiveness in the new global economy and hence make progress in poverty reduction depends in large part on its ability to use and adapt new information and technological innovations. This project therefore, sets out to enhance understanding and knowledge of the innovative effects of ICT poverty reduction and human development; and to improve ECOWAS capacities to formulate and implement national ICT policies that promote equitable access to ICT and information for socio-economic development.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Development and Comp Systems with number 0401002.
Date of creation: 10 Jan 2004
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - pdf; prepared on win2000; to print on hp;
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://18.104.22.168
Technological progress; growth; productivity; diffusion; ICTS; AFRICAN ECONOMIES; DYNAMIC PANEL DATA;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- C33 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- O30 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - General
- D80 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - General
- O47 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Measurement of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-01-12 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENV-2004-01-12 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-HIS-2004-01-12 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-TID-2004-01-12 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.