Series Estimation of Partially Linear Panel Data Models with Fixed Effects
AbstractThis paper considers the problem of estimating a partially linear semiparametric fixed effects panel data model with possible endogeneity. Using the series method, we establish the root N normality result for the estimator of the parametric component, and we show that the unknown function can be consistently estimated at the standard nonparametric rate.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by East Carolina University, Department of Economics in its series Working Papers with number 0109.
Date of creation:
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Brewster A-427, 10th Street, Greenville, NC 27858
Phone: (252) 328-6006
Fax: (252) 328-6743
Web page: http://www.econ.ecu.edu/wp/
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Badi H. Baltagi & Dong Li, 2002. "Series Estimation of Partially Linear Panel Data Models with Fixed Effects," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 3(1), pages 103-116, May.
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sperlich, Stefan & Tjøstheim, Dag & Yang, Lijian, 1998.
"Nonparametric estimation and testing of interaction in additive models,"
SFB 373 Discussion Papers
1998,14, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Sperlich, Stefan & Tj stheim, Dag & Yang, Lijian, 2002. "Nonparametric Estimation And Testing Of Interaction In Additive Models," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(02), pages 197-251, April.
- Newey, Whitney K., 1997. "Convergence rates and asymptotic normality for series estimators," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 147-168, July.
- J. FAN & Wolfgang HÄRDLE & Enno MAMMEN, 1996. "Direct estimation of low dimensional components in additive models," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 1996,17, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Li, Qi & Stengos, Thanasis, 1996. "Semiparametric estimation of partially linear panel data models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 71(1-2), pages 389-397.
- Li, Qi, 2000. "Efficient Estimation of Additive Partially Linear Models," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 41(4), pages 1073-92, November.
- Li, Gaorong & Peng, Heng & Tong, Tiejun, 2013. "Simultaneous confidence band for nonparametric fixed effects panel data models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 119(3), pages 229-232.
- Muhammad M. Shahbaz & Samia S. Nasreen & Chong Hui C.H. Ling & Rashid Sbia, 2014.
"Causality between trade openness and energy consumption: What causes what in high, middle and low income countries,"
ULB Institutional Repository
2013/168714, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Nasreen, Samia & Ling, Chong Hui & Sbia, Rashid, 2014. "Causality between trade openness and energy consumption: What causes what in high, middle and low income countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 126-143.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Nasreen, Samia & Ling, Chong Hui & Sbia, Rashid, 2013. "Causality between Trade Openness and Energy Consumption: What Causes What in High, Middle and Low Income countries," MPRA Paper 50382, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 04 Oct 2013.
- Lessmann, Christian, 2014.
"Spatial inequality and development — Is there an inverted-U relationship?,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 35-51.
- Christian Lessmann, 2011. "Spatial Inequality and Development - Is there an Inverted-U Relationship?," CESifo Working Paper Series 3622, CESifo Group Munich.
- Qi Gao & Jingping Gu & Paula Hernandez-Verme, 2012. "A Semiparametric Time Trend Varying Coefficients Model: With An Application to Evaluate Credit Rationing in U.S. Credit Market," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 13(1), pages 189-210, May.
- Fran�ois Libois & Vincenzo Verardi, 2012.
"Semiparametric Fixed-Effects Estimator,"
1201, University of Namur, Department of Economics.
- Desbordes, Rodolphe & Verardi, Vincenzo, 2012. "Refitting the Kuznets curve," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 116(2), pages 258-261.
- Jia Chen & Jiti Gao & Degui Li, 2013.
"Estimation in Partially Linear Single-Index Panel Data Models With Fixed Effects,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(3), pages 315-330, July.
- Jia Chen & Jiti Gao & Degui Li, 2011. "Estimation in Partially Linear Single-Index Panel Data Models with Fixed Effects," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 14/11, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Su, Liangjun & Ullah, Aman, 2006. "Profile likelihood estimation of partially linear panel data models with fixed effects," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 92(1), pages 75-81, July.
- Su, Liangjun & Jin, Sainan, 2012. "Sieve estimation of panel data models with cross section dependence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 169(1), pages 34-47.
- You, Jinhong & Zhou, Haibo, 2008. "A two-stage approach to semilinear in-slide models," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 99(8), pages 1610-1634, September.
- Su, Liangjun & Lu, Xun, 2013. "Nonparametric dynamic panel data models: Kernel estimation and specification testing," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 176(2), pages 112-133.
- Haibo Zhou & Jinhong You & Bin Zhou, 2010. "Statistical inference for fixed-effects partially linear regression models with errors in variables," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 51(3), pages 629-650, September.
- Kusum Mundra, 2005. "Nonparametric Slope Estimators for Fixed-Effect Panel Data," Econometrics 0502008, EconWPA.
- Ai, Chunrong & You, Jinhong & Zhou, Yong, 2011. "Statistical inference using a weighted difference-based series approach for partially linear regression models," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 102(3), pages 601-618, March.
- Zhu, Hui-Ming & You, Wan-Hai & Zeng, Zhao-fa, 2012. "Urbanization and CO2 emissions: A semi-parametric panel data analysis," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 117(3), pages 848-850.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.