Regional strategies and Unemployment Risks in Russia’s Regional Labor markets (?)
AbstractChanges in unemployment rates are connected with both macroeconomic (symmetric) and sectoral (asymmetric) shocks taking place in the transitional Russian economy, causing the regional labor markets to react. We assumed that unemployment rates and the regional labor market behavior are determined by heterogeneous reactions of the regions to shocks. In the suggested theoretical model, the regions have different starting conditions, different employment structure, and pursue their economic policies in different ways.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by European Regional Science Association in its series ERSA conference papers with number ersa03p454.
Date of creation: Aug 2003
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Welthandelsplatz 1, 1020 Vienna, Austria
Web page: http://www.ersa.org
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-02-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-CIS-2004-02-29 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-GEO-2004-02-29 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-TRA-2004-02-29 (Transition Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Barbone, Luca & Marchetti, Jr., Domenico & Paternostro, Stefano, 1996. "Structural adjustment, ownership transformation, and size in Polish industry," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1624, The World Bank.
- Dimitri G. Demekas, 1990.
"Labor Market Segmentation In A Two-Sector Model Of An Open Economy,"
IMF Working Papers
90/33, International Monetary Fund.
- Dimitri G. Demekas, 1990. "Labor Market Segmentation in a Two-Sector Model of an Open Economy," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 37(4), pages 849-864, December.
- Bean, Charles R, 1994.
"European Unemployment: A Survey,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 32(2), pages 573-619, June.
- Aghion, P. & Blanchard, O.J., 1993.
"On the Speed of Transition in Central Europe,"
93-8, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Nickell, Stephen J, 1990. "Unemployment: A Survey," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 100(401), pages 391-439, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gunther Maier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.