Imperfect Information, Money and Economic Growth
AbstractThis paper develops an endogenous growth model with financial market imperfections to study the effects of money on economic growth and to examine the role of informational imperfections in the determination of the equilibrium growth path. The findings are summarized as follows: economic growth is slower when there is imperfect information; changes in money growth have qualitatively similar effects on economies with and without private information; and, contrary to the popular view that informational imperfections in credit markets or borrowing constraints tend to amplify the impact of policy interventions, economies with private information are less responsive to changes in monetary policy. Copyright 1996 by Ohio State University Press.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Waterloo, Department of Economics in its series Working Papers with number 9507.
Length: 28 pages
Date of creation: 1995
Date of revision:
INFORMATION; FINANCIAL MARKET; ECONOMIC GROWTH;
Other versions of this item:
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
- N1 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Robert Amano & Tom Carter & Kevin Moran, 2012.
"Inflation and Growth: A New Keynesian Perspective,"
CIRANO Working Papers
- Christie Smith, 2004. "The long-run effects of monetary policy on output growth," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Bulletin, Reserve Bank of New Zealand, vol. 67, September.
- Varvarigos, Dimitrios, 2008. "Inflation, variability, and the evolution of human capital in a model with transactions costs," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 98(3), pages 320-326, March.
- Dimitrios Varvarigos, 2006. "Inflation, Variability, and the Evolution of Human Capital in a Model with Transactions Costs," Discussion Paper Series 2006_16, Department of Economics, Loughborough University, revised Jul 2006.
- Ftiti, Zied, 2010. "The macroeconomic performance of the inflation targeting policy: An approach based on the evolutionary co-spectral analysis (extension for the case of a multivariate process)," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 468-476, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Pat Gruber).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.