Milton Friedman - A Brief Obituary
AbstractMilton Friedman is rivaled only by John Maynard Keynes as the most influential political economists of the 20th Century. His approach was that of a classical liberal, rather than a conservative, though this put him on the political right in the United States. Friedman’s work demands to be evaluated all of a piece, but his outstandingly important technical contributions to economics influenced the development of the discipline in ways that extended far beyond the purview of any particular political agenda.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics in its series UWO Department of Economics Working Papers with number 20071.
Date of creation: 2007
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Department of Economics, Reference Centre, Social Science Centre, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada N6A 5C2
Phone: 519-661-2111 Ext.85244
Web page: http://economics.uwo.ca/research/research_papers/department_working_papers.html
Other versions of this item:
- David Laidler, 2007. "Milton Friedman�-�a brief obituary," The European Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(2), pages 373-381.
- NEP-ALL-2007-02-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2007-02-10 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-HPE-2007-02-10 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christian Johnson & George G Kaufman, 2007. "Un banco, con cualquier otro nombre…," Boletín, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Latinoamericanos, vol. 0(4), pages 185-199, Octubre-d.
- Robert L. Hetzel, 2007. "Las contribuciones de Milton Friedman a la economía," Boletín, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Latinoamericanos, vol. 0(4), pages 150-166, Octubre-d.
- Francisco José de Siqueira, 2007. "La instrumentación jurídica de la distribución de papel moneda de curso legal en Brasil," Boletín, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Latinoamericanos, vol. 0(4), pages 167-184, Octubre-d.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.