Hedging Diffusion Processes by Local Risk-Minimisation with Applications to Index Tracking
AbstractThe solution to the problem of hedging contingent claims by local risk-minimisation has been considered in detail in Follmer and Sondermann (1986), Follmer and Schweizer (1991) and Schweizer (1991). However, given a stochastic process Xt and tau1
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney in its series Research Paper Series with number 119.
Date of creation: 01 Feb 2004
Date of revision:
minimal martingale measure; local risk-minimisation; hedging; incomplete market; index tracking; portfolio selection;
Other versions of this item:
- Colwell, David & El-Hassan, Nadima & Kang Kwon, Oh, 2007. "Hedging diffusion processes by local risk minimization with applications to index tracking," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 2135-2151, July.
- D52 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Incomplete Markets
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Schweizer, Martin, 1991. "Option hedging for semimartingales," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 339-363, April.
- Martin Schweizer & HuyËn Pham & (*), Thorsten RheinlÄnder, 1998. "Mean-variance hedging for continuous processes: New proofs and examples," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 2(2), pages 173-198.
- Harry Markowitz, 1952. "Portfolio Selection," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 7(1), pages 77-91, 03.
- Frey, Rüdiger & Backhaus, Jochen, 2010. "Dynamic hedging of synthetic CDO tranches with spread risk and default contagion," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 710-724, April.
- Canakgoz, N.A. & Beasley, J.E., 2009. "Mixed-integer programming approaches for index tracking and enhanced indexation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 196(1), pages 384-399, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Duncan Ford).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.