Macroeconomic impacts of the reform of public services in Uruguay - A CGE analysis
AbstractThis paper investigates the macroeconomic impacts of the reform of public services in Uruguay. A computable general equilibrium (CGE) model is used to simulate different policy scenarios, analyzing the reforms of the regulatory framework of public services, changes in their investment policies, modifications in the competitive environment and reforms in their tax structure. The results show that the macroeconomic effects of the proposed reforms are relatively small.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Economics - dECON in its series Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) with number 2105.
Length: 50 pages
Date of creation: Dec 2005
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Constituyente 1502, 6to piso, CP 11200, Montevideo
Phone: (598) 2410-6449
Fax: (598) 2410-6450
Web page: http://www.decon.edu.uy/
More information through EDIRC
Social Accounting Matrix; Computable General Equilibrium Models; public services; public sector reform.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E17 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
- H11 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government - - - Structure and Scope of Government
- H32 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents - - - Firm
- L42 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Vertical Restraints; Resale Price Maintenance; Quantity Discounts
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-03-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2006-03-25 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2006-03-25 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-PBE-2006-03-25 (Public Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Löfgren, Hans & Harris, Rebecca Lee & Robinson, Sherman, 2001. "A standard computable general equilibrium (CGE) model in GAMS," TMD discussion papers 75, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Gabriel Katz & Héctor Pastori & Pedro Barrenechea, 2004. "Construcción de una Matriz de Contabilidad Social para Uruguay para el año 2000," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 2004, Department of Economics - dECON.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Irene Musio) or (Héctor Pastori).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.