GeoXp: An R Package for Exploratory Spatial Data Analysis
AbstractWe present GeoXp, an R package implementing interactive graphics for exploratory spatial data analysis. We use a data basis concerning public schools of the French Midi-Pyréenées region to illustrate the use of these exploratory techniques based on the coupling between a statistical graph and a map. Besides elementary plots like boxplots, histograms or simple scatterplots, GeoXp also couples maps with Moran scatterplots, variogram clouds, Lorenz curves, etc. In order to make the most of the multidimensionality of the data, GeoXp includes dimension reduction techniques such as principal components analysis and cluster analysis whose results are also linked to the map.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Toulouse School of Economics (TSE) in its series TSE Working Papers with number 09-099.
Date of creation: 21 Oct 2009
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in "Journal of Statistical Software", vol.�47, n°2, 2012.
exploratory analysis; spatial econometrics; spatial statistics;
Other versions of this item:
- Thibault Laurent & Anne Ruiz-Gazen & Christine Thomas-Agnan, . "GeoXp: An R Package for Exploratory Spatial Data Analysis," Journal of Statistical Software, American Statistical Association, vol. 47(i02).
- NEP-ALL-2010-05-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2010-05-22 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-URE-2010-05-22 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Caussinus, H. & Fekri, M. & Hakam, S. & Ruiz-Gazen, A., 2003. "A monitoring display of multivariate outliers," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 44(1-2), pages 237-252, October.
- Heba, Ines & Malin, Eric & Thomas-Agnan, Christine, 2002. "Exploratory spatial data analysis with GEOXP," ERSA conference papers ersa02p498, European Regional Science Association.
- Luc Anselin, 2012. "From SpaceStat to CyberGIS," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 35(2), pages 131-157, April.
- Angelos Liontakis & Dimitris Kremmydas, 2013. "Food Inflation in EU: Distribution Analysis and Spatial Effects," Working Papers 2013-3, Agricultural University of Athens, Department Of Agricultural Economics.
- Gregory, Terry & Patuelli, Roberto, 2013.
"Regional age structure, human capital and innovation: Is demographic ageing increasing regional disparities?,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
13-057, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Terry Gregory & Roberto Patuelli, 2013. "Regional Age Structure, Human Capital and Innovation - Is Demographic Ageing Increasing Regional Disparities?," Working Paper Series 51_13, The Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- T. Gregory & R. Patuelli, 2013. "Regional Age Structure, Human Capital and Innovation - Is Demographic Ageing Increasing Regional Disparities?," Working Papers wp900, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- repec:asg:wpaper:1047 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.