Simulation of Lévy-driven Ornstein-Uhlenbeck processes with given marginal distribution
AbstractWe provide a simulation procedure for obtaining discretely observed values of Ornstein-Uhlenbeck processes with given (self-decomposable) marginal distribution. The method proposed, based on inversion of the characteristic function, completely circumvent problems encountered when trying to reproduce small jumps of Lévy processes. We provide error bounds for our procedure and asses numerically its performance.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Computer and Management Sciences, University of Trento, Italy in its series Quaderni DISA with number 123.
Date of creation: Nov 2007
Date of revision: 23 May 2007
Postal: DISA Università degli Studi di Trento via Inama, 5 I-38122 Trento TN Italy
Other versions of this item:
- Taufer, Emanuele & Leonenko, Nikolai, 2009. "Simulation of Lvy-driven Ornstein-Uhlenbeck processes with given marginal distribution," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(6), pages 2427-2437, April.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen & Neil Shephard, 2001. "Non-Gaussian Ornstein-Uhlenbeck-based models and some of their uses in financial economics," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 63(2), pages 167-241.
- Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen, 2003. "Integrated OU Processes and Non-Gaussian OU-based Stochastic Volatility Models," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 30(2), pages 277-295.
- Raknerud, Arvid & Skare, Øivind, 2012. "Indirect inference methods for stochastic volatility models based on non-Gaussian Ornstein–Uhlenbeck processes," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 56(11), pages 3260-3275.
- Emanuele Taufer & Nikolai Leonenko & Marco Bee, 2009.
"Characteristic function estimation of Ornstein-Uhlenbeck-based stochastic volatility models,"
DISA Working Papers
0907, Department of Computer and Management Sciences, University of Trento, Italy, revised 02 Dec 2009.
- Taufer, Emanuele & Leonenko, Nikolai & Bee, Marco, 2011. "Characteristic function estimation of Ornstein-Uhlenbeck-based stochastic volatility models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 55(8), pages 2525-2539, August.
- Emanuele Taufer, 2008. "Characteristic function estimation of non-Gaussian Ornstein-Uhlenbeck processes," DISA Working Papers 0805, Department of Computer and Management Sciences, University of Trento, Italy, revised 07 Jul 2008.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roberto Gabriele).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.