On Error Estimates for Asymptotic Expansions with Malliavin Weights ï¼ Application to Stochastic Volatility Model ï¼
Abstractã€€ã€€ This paper proposes a unified method for precise estimates of the error bounds in asymptotic expansions of an option price and its Greeks (sensitivities) under a stochastic volatility model. More generally, we also derive an error estimate for an asymptotic expansion around a general partially elliptic diffusion and a more general Wiener functional, which is applicable to various important valuation and risk management tasks in the financial business such as the ones for multi-dimensional diffusion and non-diffusion models. In particular, we take the Malliavin calculus approach, and estimate the error bounds for the Malliavin weights of both the coefficient and the residual terms in the expansions by effectively applying the properties of Kusuoka-Stroock functions. Moreover, a numerical experiment under the Heston-type model confirms the effectiveness of our method.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo in its series CIRJE F-Series with number CIRJE-F-897.
Length: 21 pages
Date of creation: Jul 2013
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Hongo 7-3-1, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0033
Web page: http://www.cirje.e.u-tokyo.ac.jp/index.html
More information through EDIRC
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-07-28 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Akihiko Takahashi & Kohta Takehara & Masashi Toda, 2012. "A General Computation Scheme For A High-Order Asymptotic Expansion Method," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 15(06), pages 1250044-1-1.
- Akihiko Takahashi & Kohta Takehara, 2010. "A Hybrid Asymptotic Expansion Scheme: An Application To Long-Term Currency Options," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 13(08), pages 1179-1221.
- Takashi Kato & Akihiko Takahashi & Toshihiro Yamada, 2013. "An Asymptotic Expansion Formula for Up-and-Out Barrier Option Price under Stochastic Volatility Model," Papers 1302.3306, arXiv.org.
- Heston, Steven L, 1993. "A Closed-Form Solution for Options with Stochastic Volatility with Applications to Bond and Currency Options," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 6(2), pages 327-43.
- Kenichiro Shiraya & Akihiko Takahashi, 2012. "Pricing Multi-Asset Cross Currency Options," CARF F-Series CARF-F-290, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo.
- Kenichiro Shiraya & Akihiko Takahashi, 2012. "Pricing Multi-Asset Cross Currency Options," CARF F-Series CARF-F-276, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo.
- Akihiko Takahashi & Kohta Takehara & Masashi Toda, 2012. "A General Computation Scheme for a High-Order Asymptotic Expansion Method," CARF F-Series CARF-F-272, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CIRJE administrative office).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.