A New Improvement Scheme for Approximation Methods of Probability Density Functions
AbstractThis paper develops a new scheme for improving an approximation method of a probability density function, which is inspired by the idea in best approximation in an inner product space . Moreover, we applies "Dykstra's cyclic projections algorithm" for its implementation. Numerical examples for application to an asymptotic expansion method in option pricing demonstrate the effectiveness of our scheme under Black-Scholes and SABR models.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo in its series CIRJE F-Series with number CIRJE-F-874.
Length: 23 pages
Date of creation: Jan 2013
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Hongo 7-3-1, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0033
Web page: http://www.cirje.e.u-tokyo.ac.jp/index.html
More information through EDIRC
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-02-03 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kyo Yamamoto & Seisho Sato & Akihiko Takahashi, 2008. "Probability Distribution and Option Pricing for Drawdown in a Stochastic Volatility Environment," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-596, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Roger W. Lee, 2004. "The Moment Formula For Implied Volatility At Extreme Strikes," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(3), pages 469-480.
- Akihiko Takahashi & Nakahiro Yoshida, 2005. "Monte Carlo Simulation with Asymptotic Method," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-335, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Akihiko Takahashi & Kohta Takehara, 2010. "A Hybrid Asymptotic Expansion Scheme: an Application to Long-term Currency Options," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-734, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Akihiko Takahashi & Kohta Takehara, 2010. "A Hybrid Asymptotic Expansion Scheme: An Application To Long-Term Currency Options," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 13(08), pages 1179-1221.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CIRJE administrative office).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.