Robustness of the Separating Information Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Realized Volatility with Micro-Market Noise
AbstractFor estimating the realized volatility and covariance by using high frequency data, Kunitomo and Sato (2008a,b) have proposed the Separating Information Maximum Likelihood (SIML) method when there are micro-market noises. The SIML estimator has reasonable asymptotic properties; it is consistent and it has the asymptotic normality (or the stable convergence in the general case) when the sample size is large under general conditions including non-Gaussian processes and volatility models. We also show that the SIML estimator has the asymptotic robustness in the sense that it is consistent and it has the asymptotic normality when there are autocorrelations in the market noise terms and there are endogenous correlations between the signal and noise terms.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo in its series CIRJE F-Series with number CIRJE-F-733.
Date of creation: Apr 2010
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Hongo 7-3-1, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0033
Web page: http://www.cirje.e.u-tokyo.ac.jp/index.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ole E Barndorff-Nielsen & Peter Hansen & Asger Lunde & Neil Shephard, 2006.
"Designing realised kernels to measure the ex-post variation of equity prices in the presence of noise,"
OFRC Working Papers Series
2006fe05, Oxford Financial Research Centre.
- Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen & Peter Reinhard Hansen & Asger Lunde & Neil Shephard, 2008. "Designing Realized Kernels to Measure the ex post Variation of Equity Prices in the Presence of Noise," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 76(6), pages 1481-1536, November.
- Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen & Peter Reinhard Hansen & Asger Lunde & Neil Shephard, 2006. "Designing realised kernels to measure the ex-post variation of equity prices in the presence of noise," Economics Papers 2006-W03, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Neil Shephard & Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen, 2006. "Designing realised kernels to measure the ex-post variation of equity prices in the presence of noise," Economics Series Working Papers 2006-W03, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Kunitomo, Naoto & Sato, Seisho, 2013. "Separating Information Maximum Likelihood estimation of the integrated volatility and covariance with micro-market noise," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 282-309.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CIRJE administrative office).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.