The Spatial Distribution of Labour Force Participation & Market Earnings at the Sub-National Level in Ireland
AbstractThe main aim of this paper is to provide a spatial modelling framework for labour force participation and income estimation. The development of a household income distribution for Ireland had previously been hampered by the lack of disaggregated data on individual earnings. Spatial microsimulation through a process of calibration provides a method which allows one to recreate the spatial distribution LFP and household market income at the small area level. Further analysis examines the relationship between LFP, occupational type and market income at the small area level in Co. Galway Ireland.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Rural Economy and Development Programme,Teagasc in its series Working Papers with number 0912.
Length: 28 pages
Date of creation: 2009
Date of revision:
Household Market Income Distribution; Employment; Spatial Microsimulation; Calibration; Mapping;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- François Bourguignon & Francisco H. G. Ferreira & Phillippe G. Leite, 2002.
"Beyond Oaxaca-Blinder : Accounting for Differences in Household Income Distributions Across Countries,"
DELTA Working Papers
2002-04, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Bourguignon, Francois & Ferreira, Francisco H. G., 2002. "Beyond Oaxaca-Blinder : accounting for differences in household income distributions across countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2828, The World Bank.
- François Bourguignon & Francisco H. G. Ferreira & Phillippe G. Leite, 2002. "Beyond Oaxaca-Blinder: Accounting for Differences in Household Income Distributions Across Countries," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 478, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- François Bourguignon & Francisco H.G. Ferreira & Phillipe G. Leite, 2002. "Beyond Oaxaca-Blinder: accounting for differences in household income distributions across countries," Textos para discussÃ£o 452, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Juhn, Chinhui & Murphy, Kevin M & Pierce, Brooks, 1993. "Wage Inequality and the Rise in Returns to Skill," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(3), pages 410-42, June.
- Carlos R. Azzoni, 2001. "Economic growth and regional income inequality in Brazil," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 35(1), pages 133-152.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John Lennon).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.