Trade Openess and Technological Gaps in Latin America: a Low Growth Trap
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy in its series LEM Papers Series with number 2002/14.
Date of creation: 18 Dec 2002
Date of revision:
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2002-08-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2002-08-16 (Development)
- NEP-TID-2002-08-16 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Anthony Philip Thirlwall, 1979.
"The Balance of Payments Constraint as an Explanation of International Growth Rate Differences,"
BNL Quarterly Review,
Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 32(128), pages 45-53.
- Anthony Philip Thirlwall, 1979. "The Balance of Payments Constraint as an Explanation of International Growth Rate Differences," Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 32(128), pages 45-53.
- Anthony P. Thirlwall, 2011. "The Balance of Payments Constraint as an Explanation of International Growth Rate Differences," PSL Quarterly Review, Economia civile, vol. 64(259), pages 429-438.
- Srinivasan, T.N. & Bhagwati, J., 1999. "Outward-Orientation and Development: Are Revisionist Right?," Papers 806, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Kennedy, Charles & Thirlwall, A P, 1979. "Import Penetration, Export Performance and Harrod's Trade Multiplier," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 31(2), pages 303-23, July.
- Juan Carlos Moreno-Brid, 1999. "Mexico's Economic Growth and the Balance of Payments Constraint: A cointegration analysis," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(2), pages 149-159.
- Kaldor, Nicholas, 1975. "What Is Wrong with Economic Theory," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 89(3), pages 347-57, August.
- Lawson, Tony & Palma, J Gabriel & Sender, John, 1989. "Kaldor's Contribution to Economics: An Introduction," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(1), pages 1-8, March.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- No Magic Wand: Liberalization and Structural Transformation in India
by Triplecrisis in Triple Crisis on 2012-05-17 13:00:05
- Acevedo, Alejandra & Mold, Andrew & Perez Caldentey, Esteban, 2009. "The Analysis of ‘Leading Sectors’: A Long term view of 18 Latin American economies," MPRA Paper 15017, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Penelope Pacheco-López & A.P. Thirlwall, 2004.
"Trade Liberalisation in Mexico: Rhetoric and Reality,"
Studies in Economics
0403, Department of Economics, University of Kent.
- Pennelope Pacheco-Lopez & Anthony P. Thirlwall, 2004. "Trade liberalisation in Mexico: rhetoric and reality," BNL Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 57(229), pages 141-167.
- Pennelope Pacheco-Lopez & Anthony P. Thirlwall, 2004. "Trade liberalisation in Mexico: rhetoric and reality," Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 57(229), pages 141-167.
- Erik S. Reinert & Rainer Kattel, 2007. "European Eastern Enlargement as Europe's Attempted Economic Suicide?," The Other Canon Foundation and Tallinn University of Technology Working Papers in Technology Governance and Economic Dynamics 14, TUT Ragnar Nurkse School of Innovation and Governance.
- Suranjana Nabar-Bhaduri, 2011. "No Easy Balancing Act: Reducing the Balance of Payments Constraint; Improving Export Competitiveness and Productivity; and Absorbing Surplus Labor – The Indian Experience," Working Paper Series, Department of Economics, University of Utah 2011_12, University of Utah, Department of Economics.
- Carolina Castaldi & Mario Cimoli & Nelson Correa & Giovanni Dosi, 2004. "Technological Learning, Policy Regimes and Growth in a `Globalized' Economy: General Patterns and the Latin American Experience," LEM Papers Series 2004/01, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Gabriel Porcile & Gilberto Tadeu Lima, 2006.
"Real Exchange Rate And Elasticity Of Labor Supply In A Balance-Of-Payments-Constrained Macrodynamics,"
Anais do XXXIV Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 34th Brazilian Economics Meeting]
11, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Gabriel Porcile & Gilberto Tadeu Lima, 2010. "Real exchange rate and elasticity of labour supply in a balance-of-payments-constrained macrodynamics," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 34(6), pages 1019-1039.
- Cimoli, Mario & Porcile, Gabriel & Primi, Annalisa & Vergara, Sebastián & Brito, Marcio Holland de, 2010.
"Growth, structural change and technological capabilities Latin America in a comparative perspective,"
Textos para discussÃ£o
212, Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Mario Cimoli & Marcio Holland & Gabriel Porcile & Annalisa Primi & Sebastiàn Vergara, 2006. "Growth, Structural Change and Technological Capabilities. Latin America in a Comparative Perspective," LEM Papers Series 2006/11, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Velho, Lea, 2004. "Science and Technology in Latin America and the Caribbean: An Overview," UNU-INTECH Discussion Paper Series 04, United Nations University - INTECH.
- Fernandes, Ana M. & Paunov, Caroline, 2009. "Does tougher import competition foster product quality upgrading ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4894, The World Bank.
- Bruno, Randolph Luca, 2010. "Labor Market and Globalization: A Comparison of the Latin American and the East Asian Experiences in the 1980s and 1990s," IZA Policy Papers 16, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Gilberto A. Libânio, 2003. "Trade, specialization and growth: a preliminary assessment of the Brazilian experience in the nineties," Textos para DiscussÃ£o Cedeplar-UFMG td220, Cedeplar, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais.
- Suranjana Nabar-Bhaduri, 2009. "What Lies Beneath: A Case For Disaggregated Analysis In Evaluating Stuctural Policy Shifts," Working Paper Series, Department of Economics, University of Utah 2009_12, University of Utah, Department of Economics.
- Reinert, Erik S. & Kattel, Rainer, 2004. "The Qualitative Shift in European Integration: Towards permanent wage pressures and a ‘Latin-Americanization’ of Europe?," MPRA Paper 47909, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.