Growth Paths and Survival Chances
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by SPRU - Science and Technology Policy Research, University of Sussex in its series SPRU Working Paper Series with number 195.
Length: 43 pages
Date of creation: 02 Jul 2011
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Jubilee Building G08, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9SL
Phone: +44 (0)1273 686758
Fax: +44 (0)1273 685865
Web page: http://www.sussex.ac.uk/spru
More information through EDIRC
Growth paths; firm growth; firm survival; gambler's ruin; start-up size.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L25 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Performance
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bamford, Charles E. & Dean, Thomas J. & Douglas, Thomas J., 2004. "The temporal nature of growth determinants in new bank foundings: implications for new venture research design," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 899-919, November.
- Timothy Bates, 2002.
"Analysis of Young Small Firms That Have Closed: Delineating Successful from Unsuccessful Closures,"
02-24, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Bates, Timothy, 2005. "Analysis of young, small firms that have closed: delineating successful from unsuccessful closures," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 343-358, May.
- Frank, Murray Z, 1988. "An Intertemporal Model of Industrial Exit," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 103(2), pages 333-44, May.
- Johan Wiklund & Holger Patzelt & Dean Shepherd, 2009. "Building an integrative model of small business growth," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 32(4), pages 351-374, April.
- Alex Coad, 2006.
"A Closer Look at Serial Growth Rate Correlation,"
LEM Papers Series
2006/29, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Madsen, Tage Koed & Servais, Per, 1997. "The internationalization of Born Globals: An evolutionary process?," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 6(6), pages 561-583, December.
- Wennberg, Karl & Wiklund, Johan & DeTienne, Dawn R. & Cardon, Melissa S., 2010.
"Reconceptualizing entrepreneurial exit: Divergent exit routes and their drivers,"
Journal of Business Venturing,
Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 361-375, July.
- Wennberg, Karl & Wiklund, Johan & DeTienne, Dawn & Cardon, Melissa, 2009. "Reconceptualizing Entrepreneurial Exit: Divergent Exit Routes and Their Drivers," Working Paper Series in Business Administration 2009:10, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Elizabeth Garnsey & Erik Stam & Paul Heffernan, 2006.
"New Firm Growth: Exploring Processes and Paths,"
Industry and Innovation,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(1), pages 1-20.
- Garnsey, E. & Stam, F.C. & Heffernan, P. & Hugo, O., 2003. "New Firm Growth: Exploring Processes and Paths," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2003-096-ORG, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus Uni.
- P.A. Geroski & José Mata & Pedro Portugal, 2007.
"Founding Conditions and the Survival of New Firms,"
DRUID Working Papers
07-11, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Jerker Denrell, 2004. "Random Walks and Sustained Competitive Advantage," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(7), pages 922-934, July.
- Simon Parker & David Storey & Arjen Witteloostuijn, 2010. "What happens to gazelles? The importance of dynamic management strategy," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 35(2), pages 203-226, September.
- Magnus Henrekson & Dan Johansson, 2010.
"Gazelles as job creators: a survey and interpretation of the evidence,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 35(2), pages 227-244, September.
- Henrekson, Magnus & Johansson, Dan, 2008. "Gazelles as Job Creators – A Survey and Interpretation of the Evidence," Working Paper Series 733, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Henrekson, Magnus & Johansson, Dan, 2008. "Gazelles as Job Creators – A Survey and Interpretation of the Evidence," Ratio Working Papers 117, The Ratio Institute.
- Jenkins, Stephen P, 1995. "Easy Estimation Methods for Discrete-Time Duration Models," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 57(1), pages 129-38, February.
- Majumdar, Sumit K., 2004. "The hidden hand and the license raj to An evaluation of the relationship between age and the growth of firms in India," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 107-125, January.
- Taylor, Mark P, 1999. "Survival of the Fittest? An Analysis of Self-Employment Duration in Britain," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 109(454), pages C140-55, March.
- Delmar, Frederic & Davidsson, Per & Gartner, William B., 2003. "Arriving at the high-growth firm," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 189-216, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Russell Eke).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.