Parallel Strategies for Solving SURE Models with Variance Inequalities and Positivity of Correlations Constraints
AbstractThe problem of computing estimates of parameters in SURE models with variance inequalities and positivity of correlations constraints is considered. Efficient algorithms that exploit the block bidiagonal structure of the data matrix are presented. The computational complexity of the main matrix factorizations is analyzed. A compact method to solve the model with proper subset regressors is proposed. Citation Copyright 2000 by Kluwer Academic Publishers.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Society for Computational Economics in its series Computing in Economics and Finance 1997 with number 45.
Date of creation:
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- Kontoghiorghes, Erricos J, 2000. "Parallel Strategies for Solving SURE Models with Variance Inequalities and Positivity of Correlations Constraints," Computational Economics, Society for Computational Economics, vol. 15(1-2), pages 89-106, April.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Foschi, Paolo & Kontoghiorghes, Erricos J., 2003. "Estimating seemingly unrelated regression models with vector autoregressive disturbances," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 27-44, October.
- Michael Creel & William Goffe, 2008.
"Multi-core CPUs, Clusters, and Grid Computing: A Tutorial,"
Society for Computational Economics, vol. 32(4), pages 353-382, November.
- William L. Goffe & Michael Creel, 2005. "Multi-core CPUs, Clusters and Grid Computing: a Tutorial," Computing in Economics and Finance 2005 438, Society for Computational Economics.
- Foschi, Paolo & Kontoghiorghes, Erricos J., 2002. "Seemingly unrelated regression model with unequal size observations: computational aspects," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 211-229, November.
- Foschi, Paolo & Belsley, David A. & Kontoghiorghes, Erricos J., 2003. "A comparative study of algorithms for solving seemingly unrelated regressions models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 44(1-2), pages 3-35, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.