A Simple Nonparametric Test for Independence
AbstractA stationary stochastic process is defined to be locally independent if it eventually becomes independent of pastrealizations. I develop a simple nonparametric test for this condition. Size and power comparisons favor this statistic over the one proposed by Brock, Dechert and Scheinkman (1987) in samples under 250 observations.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Rutgers University, Department of Economics in its series Departmental Working Papers with number 199523.
Date of creation: 15 Jan 1995
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: New Jersey Hall - 75 Hamilton Street, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-1248
Phone: (732) 932-7482
Fax: (732) 932-7416
Web page: http://snde.rutgers.edu/Rutgers/wp/rutgers-wplist.html
More information through EDIRC
nonlinear dependence; U-statistics;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mohamed Chikhi & Claude Diebolt, 2006.
"Nonparametric Analysis of Financial Time Series by the Kernel Methodology,"
06-11, Association Française de Cliométrie (AFC).
- Mohamed Chikhi & Claude Diebolt, 2010. "Nonparametric analysis of financial time series by the Kernel methodology," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 44(5), pages 865-880, August.
- Marcelo Fernandes & Breno Neri, 2010.
"Nonparametric Entropy-Based Tests of Independence Between Stochastic Processes,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(3), pages 276-306.
- Fernandes, Marcelo, 2001. "Nonparametric Entropy-Based Tests of Independence Between Stochastic Processes," Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 413, FGV/EPGE Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Mohamed Chikhi & Anne Peguin-Feissolle & Michel Terraza, 2012.
"SEMIFARMA-HYGARCH Modeling of Dow Jones Return Persistence,"
- Mohamed Chikhi & Anne Péguin-Feissolle & Michel Terraza, 2013. "SEMIFARMA-HYGARCH Modeling of Dow Jones Return Persistence," Computational Economics, Society for Computational Economics, vol. 41(2), pages 249-265, February.
- Mohamed Chikhi & Anne Péguin-Feissolle & Michel Terraza, 2012. "SEMIFARMA-HYGARCH Modeling of Dow Jones Return Persistence," AMSE Working Papers 1214, Aix-Marseille School of Economics, Marseille, France.
- Maurice Peat & Max Stevenson, 1994.
"Asymmetry in the Business Cycle: Evidence from the Australian Labour Markets,"
Working Paper Series
37, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Peat, Maurice & Stevenson, Max, 1996. "Asymmetry in the business cycle: Evidence from the Australian labour market," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 353-368, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.