Investement in people and change management priorities for the overcoming the current economic crisis
AbstractIn line with the EU's goal of becoming a knowledge-based society, education and lifelong learning will also feature prominently on the agenda of the European Year. EU should use the current economic crisis to develop strategic goals both at European and national level and improve conditions for creativity and innovation. The Member States must invest more in the human capital in order to provide good tools to overcome environmental challenges. The target of the paper is to emphasize the importance of investing in education, long life learning and the change management, even if we are passing a crisis period. The paper includes an analyze of the current economic context; the base education and long life learning as concept, progresses, importance and measures for their improvement and some elements regarding change management for a better adaptability of the people and companies.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Osterreichish-Rumanischer Akademischer Verein in its series Papers with number 2009/60.
Length: 11 pages
Date of creation: 03 Aug 2009
Date of revision:
knowledge-based society; education and lifelong learning;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I20 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - General
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-08-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-EDU-2009-08-16 (Education)
- NEP-KNM-2009-08-16 (Knowledge Management & Knowledge Economy)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Brindusa Covaci).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.