Impact of Changes in the Global Financial Regulatory Landscape on Asian Emerging Markets
AbstractThis paper discusses the relevance of Basel III to Asian emerging markets. It reviews some of the proposed regulations of Basel III in order to evaluate their likely implications for, and their ability to enhance, the stability of the banking and financial system. This is followed by a discussion on the challenges faced by the regulators of Asian emerging markets in effectively managing their financial regulations, given their capacity and institutional constraints. The paper concludes with policy recommendations for Asian emerging markets to strengthen and enhance the stability of their banking and financial systems.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Asian Development Bank Institute in its series ADBI Working Papers with number 391.
Length: 19 pages
Date of creation: 26 Oct 2012
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Kasumigaseki Building 8F, 2-5, Kasumigaseki 3-chome, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-6008
Fax: (81-3) 3593-5571
Web page: http://www.adbi.org/
More information through EDIRC
basel iii; asian emerging markets; banking system; financial system; financial regulations;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-11-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2012-11-11 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-FMK-2012-11-11 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-SEA-2012-11-11 (South East Asia)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Robert Hugh Davis).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.