The Cost Of U.S. Direct Foreign Investment
AbstractThis paper focuses narrowly on developing a set of estimates of the cost in terms of the financial real rate of return the Canadian economy has paid to the U.S. residents who have made direct investments in Canada. These estimates will then be compared with corresponding real net-of-tax private rates of return generated by capital in the Canadian industrial sectors to find out if there is significant difference between the net return received by U.S. as compared to Canadian residents who have invested in Canada.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by JDI Executive Programs in its series Development Discussion Papers with number 1980-01.
Length: 20 pages
Date of creation: Oct 1980
Date of revision:
direct foreign investment; cost of foreign investment; Canada;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jenkins, Glenn P & Wright, Brian D, 1975. "Taxation of Income of Multinational Corporations: The Case of the United States Petroleum Industry," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 57(1), pages 1-11, February.
- Glenn Jenkins & ANTAL DEUTSCH, 1974. "Foreign Tax Credits And The International Interdependance Of Corporate Tax Policies," Development Discussion Papers 1974-01, JDI Executive Programs.
- Glenn Jenkins, 1977. "Capital In Canada - Its Social And Private Performance 1965-1974," Development Discussion Papers 1977-06, JDI Executive Programs.
- Glenn P. Jenkins, 1979. "Taxes and Tariffs and the Evaluation of the Benefit from Foreign Investment," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 12(3), pages 410-25, August.
- Glenn Jenkins & Chun-Yan Kuo, 2007.
"The Economic Opportunity Cost of Capital for Canada - An Empirical Update,"
Development Discussion Papers
2007-04, JDI Executive Programs.
- Glenn Jenkins & Chun-Yan Kuo, 2007. "The Economic Opportunity Cost of Capital for Canada - An Empirical Update," Working Papers 1133, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rafik Majidov).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.